Author Topic: I just shaved my head, should i tell the girls i've been texting but not met yet  (Read 10132 times)

Offline outplayz

• Learning the way of Sly
I have 2 girls i really like i've been in contact with but havent met quite yet...should i wait until we meet up and just tell them or tell them over text... I shaved my hair 3 days ago so this is the only pic i have and the one with a beanie on is when i had hair.. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128866739@N06/15395596933/

Idk, i'm not use to seeing my self without hair...does it look okay on me?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
yes, I would mention it.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline outplayz

yes, I would mention it.

Thanks for your answer. I'm nervous to tell them, i was thinking of just wearing a beanie and telling them when we meet up, but i know you're right...i just have to get the confidence going with it that's quite not there yet

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
It's just another haircut.....should it matter?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline outplayz

It's just another haircut.....should it matter?

Right lol...i jus don't know how to bring it up...i mean it's either that or me having long hair trying to hide bald spots..i got over it, hopefully the ladies will except it too

Offline invaray

• Sly
Have they seen you with long hair? Doesn't sound like they know you.  You don't owe them an explanation about anything your wearing, how long your hair is or anything else. just be you..  Are those the only pictures they have seen of you because you can tell any difference in the two. You look ok in the pictures, this is not an issue.
shine and share

Offline outplayz

Have they seen you with long hair? Doesn't sound like they know you.  You don't owe them an explanation about anything your wearing, how long your hair is or anything else. just be you..  Are those the only pictures they have seen of you because you can tell any difference in the two. You look ok in the pictures, this is not an issue.

It's actually on a tinder profile...and i do have one picture with long hair...i went through the horror of hair club but i cancelled with those scam artists and decided to shave. But they have seen long hair.

Thanks for the vote of confidence though. I am still getting use to this and actually just shaved again a few minutes ago and it does feel liberating every time i do it...i just have to figure out how to do it without getting cuts bc i bleed when i do it =/

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
First off, you look great.  Why would you mention it? Mentioning it or feeling you have to tell them feels like you think there is something wrong with being shaved.  There is not.  It is just another style.  Own it.  You look good.  Be confident. No explanations necessary.  And good luck.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline outplayz

First off, you look great.  Why would you mention it? Mentioning it or feeling you have to tell them feels like you think there is something wrong with being shaved.  There is not.  It is just another style.  Own it.  You look good.  Be confident. No explanations necessary.  And good luck.

Heck ya, this i can do  O0 Thank you!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 09:03:20 PM by outplayz »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Don't tell them.  Just show up and be confident in your new look. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
You look great. You are over-thinking it. Would you tell them you got any other new hairstyle?

Besides, it'll be a good test of whether they are worth your time or not.

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
Man you haven't anything to worry about.  You look good.  When I first shaved my head for good, I first told the girl I was talking to at the time.  I texted her a pic of me after I had done it and she immediately liked it. She thought it was cute.  I'd go ahead and tell them. Unless they are really shallow, I can guarantee they'll like it on you.  If they don't, like Sly Bear said, they aren't worth your time.  The probability that any girl will end up liking your haircut is pretty close to a perfect 1.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
If the only picture they have seen of you is one with long hair, then they may feel you are being less than honest if you suddenly show up with a very different appearance. I would mention the fact that you recently shaved your head, but would make the statement in a very casual manner rather than making a big issue of it.

As SlyBear and AJ have stated so well, if your hair (or lack thereof) becomes a deal maker or breaker for them, that should be a BIG indicator that they are too shallow for your time.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
Girls show up with different hairstyles all the time.  And they do to make themselves feel good and impress others they are meeting.  Think about all all the work they put in when wanting to impress someone on a first date, the nails, the hair, the makeup, etc.  So you shaving your head is no different.  You can tell them or not, it really shouldn't matter.  Guarantee when you finally meet them, they'll have their hair done just right and it probably won't look anything like the profile pics you've seen of them.  Just be confident and you can use the fact that you've shaved your head as an ice-breaker on that first date.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline Munkynutz

• Sly Jr.
I'm with the guys here.  You don't have to explain anything to them.  I mean think of it this way - if you were to have just cut your hair without buzzing it would you let them know?  Unlikely right?

Just go ahead and meet them.  If they want to know where your hair went you can tell them then.

And you look great with the short/shaved hair anyway.  Nice scruff too.  Good luck dude.