Author Topic: December Sly Fitness Challenge  (Read 10727 times)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
December Sly Fitness Challenge
« on: December 01, 2012, 05:29:48 PM »
Hey gang,

It's been getting really quiet the past couple of months! As it gets colder and darker in the North, you guys should be looking to get more active in doors to keep fit for Spring and Summer :D

I understand this month is going to be super tough to stick to a fitness routine, with seeing family, and holidays and all that crazy stuff, but hopefully you guys can make it work! I know I'm going to give it a red hot go!  O0

My goals for this month are,

Get outdoors more, it seems I'm going to have to be the one to organise things amongst my mates, seeing they don't seem to have an organisational bone in their body haha, they're all like. "yeah lets get into it again" and that's all I hear...

Another injury free month!

To stay under 90kgs (198lbs) thoughout the holiday period... boy is that going to be tough haha!

I'd like to add some lifting goals too this month, seeing I think I've got my program under control:

Deadlifts: 110kgs (~240lbs)
Dumbbell flat bench: 27.5kgs (~60lbs)
Leg Press: 300kgs (~660lbs)
21 curls*: 15kgs (~35lbs)
Military Press 35kgs (~75lbs)

Who's brave enough to join up this month for some fun while getting fit?

* I just realised this exercise might be foreign to a lot of people, but I think it is one of the best bicep exercises out there, so why not be taught by some pretty girls?

Offline Doctor X

• Sly Jr.
  • BBC: Because Sly is WAY better than bad hair.
Re: December Sly Fitness Challenge
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 07:20:58 PM »
I used to do 21's as part of the P90x routine, but I generally avoid single joint exercises now in favor of multi-joint exercises.

I've gotten much better results since making the switch, and have had a much easier time keeping the weight down.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 09:41:50 AM »
Great goals beardman. Good plan Doctor X.

I am going to work on a plan to keep fit this winter. I walk a lot now and want to do more. With winter coming I am hoping to get and do more down hill skiing this year. I plan to do more with the exercise machines at the YMCA too.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 10:51:29 PM »
I used to do 21's as part of the P90x routine, but I generally avoid single joint exercises now in favor of multi-joint exercises.

I've gotten much better results since making the switch, and have had a much easier time keeping the weight down.

Yeah I know a few people that don't like single joint or even isolated muscle exercises, I just plan my programs around what looks fun and challenging for the most part. I don't really want to be cycling through the same x exercises every few programs.

Great goals beardman. Good plan Doctor X.

I am going to work on a plan to keep fit this winter. I walk a lot now and want to do more. With winter coming I am hoping to get and do more down hill skiing this year. I plan to do more with the exercise machines at the YMCA too.

A plan is a great start, hopefully you move on past the planning stage :D Working out at the YMCA will improve your downhill too, I'm sure you'll be shredding the slopes this winter!

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
    • Friends of CFF in Washington State
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 02:02:04 PM »
Just checking in, travel has kept me on off the forums along with holiday vaca that's being taken advantage of.

Training is still a pri and hitting my goals, lots of hotel work outs and still nailing my cycling the few days a week at home.
hope all is well on your end beardman!!

Merry Christmas all!
Cheers,
Ty

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 06:45:03 PM »
Thanks for checking in Ty O0

I've been having a really busy month too. But still managing to get 5 workouts most weeks, with an occasional long distance run in too when I feel I have the energy to do it on the weekend haha.

So far I'm really close to hitting my goals, I'm also already lifting 110kgs for deadlifts and 15kgs for my 21's, although I do end up needing a bit of assistance towards the end.

Is there anyone else out there training and willing to share? This month has been too quiet!

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 06:54:45 PM »
Decemberis never good for me. I relaise I am going to eat rubbish and that my timetable is bad so I give up. come January I am not IT!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 06:59:44 PM »
I can kind of relate to that. It's a bit disappointing seeing all those losses turned into gains, but keep going because I enjoy the workouts. That and I'm sure it'd turn into a massive blow out if I didn't do a little bit to counteract it haha!

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 07:07:34 PM »
I am much better when I am at work and in a routine, plus my gym is next to my job so it makes it easy! I am not going to worry until Thursday!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 07:34:28 PM »
Ah yes, that would make it heaps easier. That's it worry about it after all the celebrations are over.

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 09:33:01 AM »
Time to celebrate, enjoy family and friends and for me eat well as it is known we work hard to enjoy life to include a great feast on occasion...we should eat well this week, I will!

Merry Christmas all, seize the day!!!

Cheers!
Ty

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2012, 12:01:00 PM »
Hi fellow chrome domes:  I hope all is well with you and your families.  Gym-wise... I have not been able to go to gym this month but no excuses.  I have only been going once a week compared to my goal of 3 times a week. 

I promise to get back next month.  Take care gents.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 12:53:33 PM »
Right, Back to the gym today. My problem is I find it hard to put on muscle but gain weight or lose it easily. My problem area is my love handles and find it hard to shift there. I tend to lose weight in other areas and get too skinny.

Anyway today I did 5k run
1000m  Row at fast pace
100 situps on floor
100 Situp on exercise ball
100 side to side crunches with medicine ball
Bicep Curls
Bench press
Incline bench press

so we'll see if it works. I need to keep focus as I take shape then drop out and lose shape again quickly. Here's me today. Thought it would be good to post pics and see if I get anywhere!

I want bigger arms and the sides on my waist to go mainly!

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 12:57:56 PM »
Didn't manage to go lunch time today as I planned. Grrr. Blimmin work.

Went before work.

Did 5K run
Shoulders
100 sit ups
Triceps

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 02:53:43 PM »
Hey Buff,
Welcome to the team!! Looks like you are hitting it heard, all good stuff!! just keep at it we all have our flaws but if we keep chipping a way we will get what we want!

I will exceed on all fronts for December so going into the new year with a full head of steam....keep swinging gang!!!
Cheers,
Ty