Author Topic: Thoughts of suicide after Hair Transplant  (Read 13384 times)

Offline Frankblack

• Learning the way of Sly
Thoughts of suicide after Hair Transplant
« on: September 12, 2009, 05:13:02 PM »
Hey guys, I had a Transplant done when I was still a kid(19) by a despicable piece of human excrement dr alvi Armani.  I was in panic mode about losing my hair and I never even got the chance to go sly(which suits me well)  Now I have severe anxiety/depression issues and even suicidal thoughts because I am so consumed with regret.  My question for anyone who wishes to help is What do you think about a shaved head with a strip scar?  How bad do you think it looks?

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Thoughts of suicide after Hair Transplant
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 05:39:51 PM »
 Post a PICTURE Frank......We`ll give u our thoughts.................... :-\

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 05:42:19 PM »
I seen a lot of guys with scars on their head and they don't seem to have a problem with it and you won't either. Just take your time when you first start shaving.

Offline Baldboss

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 05:49:07 PM »
What do you think about a shaved head with a strip scar?  How bad do you think it looks?
While not a "strip scar" I've got a couple of scars on my head due to childhood accidents requiring stitches.  I also have a big "strawberry" on the back of my neck which used to be covered by hair.  I never even think about them.  They are just as much a part of my dome as the moles, bumps, and other imperfections that everyone has.  I'd be willing to bet most of us sly guys have some cosmetic flaws.  Does anyone here have a perfectly shaped, blemish free scalp?

Those minor imperfections are part of our makeup - things that make us the individuals we are.  If we all were to line up according to number of head imperfections, my guess is you'd be back in the pack.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 07:33:44 PM »
I have huge strawberry birthmark covering the right side of my face -- we all have imperfections. Do you really think that something like hair (or lack thereof) or scars makes your life not worth living? Seriously?

Offline Frankblack

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 08:15:30 PM »
I have huge strawberry birthmark covering the right side of my face -- we all have imperfections. Do you really think that something like hair (or lack thereof) or scars makes your life not worth living? Seriously?
I know it is irrational and it is just hair/scar but regret is a very powerful thing.  I think the reason the scar bugs me so much is because I know what its from and I am so ashamed of that.  I would never take my own life, its just I have always been prone to depression and this certainly didnt help matters.

Offline oldkookskater

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 09:02:34 PM »
In my opinion you've got nothing to be ashamed of and there are topical ointments to reduce the appearance of scars if it bothers you that much. As far as I see things you don't owe anyone any explanations about the scars and shouldn't worry about them. You are much more than the scars on your head. You've just got to keep reminding yourself of that fact. 
rob

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 10:48:07 PM »
Don't cry over spilled milk!!!!

You got to realize that you have a lot to be pleased with. 
Yes you made a mistake, but how many good decisions have you made in this life?
Compare them and be proud of yourself.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 11:55:56 AM »
Scars can be minimized by competent skin doctors.  But please--scars---that is part of your history, what you can pass on--think of being able to stop some other guy from doing the same thing.  That would be wonderful, and reason enough to have a shaved bald head.  Scars, I've got two from skin cancers, probably caused by a treatment for acne according to the doctor.  They used to have patients sit in front of powerful sun lamps to "cure" acne!  Doctors make mistakes.  Now I've had a total of eight removed, two on my head as I've noted.  No one, absolutely no one has asked about them.  I'd like to think that they're too impressed w/ how good it looks.  O0
Try it, no one will comment on the scar, and if they do, tell them about the misrepresentations that some medical people will make, the damage they do, just to make a buck. 
But you will love sly, we promise that.

marty22

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 03:25:13 PM »
to oldkook: not a good response. my scarring, after my transplants, took a lot of work to look semi-natural.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 03:27:10 PM »
How much hair had you lost at the time of your transplant?  Since you were so young, your hair loss might not have been too severe; is it possible that the scarring might not be as extensive as you think?

Offline Frankblack

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 03:37:21 PM »
Thanks for all of the good advice guys.  I actually look ok with hair now, I am not at the point where I need to shave to look good I just need to know that the option is there because I REFUSE to grow out a horseshoe or wear thin old man plugs when I look better sly.  I suppose I have to think positive, it is only a scar, if I got one from an accident I would probably think it looks cool, and with lasers I could probably minimize it a good deal.  Hopefully I can use my story to convince some other men not to go the transplant route and my suffering will not be for nothing

Offline Larry

• Sly Jr.
    • http://www.theelectroniccigarettecompany.com/
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 05:11:36 PM »
I have many scars on my head from combat.  I have many scars on my entire body but I consider them badges of honor and nothing to be ashamed of.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 06:05:36 AM »
Dude.....I have all kind of scars on my head from childhood accidents...... My Mom was on a first name basis wth the emergency room and they had a special spool of thread for sewing my head back together.

I never even think about it...... As a famous sailor once said "I yam what I yam!"

My Uncle actually has scars from hair transplant plugs and he's been shaving his head for YEARS....... no big deal.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline TheodorusRex

• Sly Jr.
  • Each moment is a place you've never been before.
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2017, 05:57:21 AM »
Who would you be without that thought/judgment.   When thoughts come into your head about your scalp - just say "next" and move on to something productive.
Started shaving November 25th, 2016