Author Topic: I was NOT aware of this rule.....  (Read 20376 times)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: I was NOT aware of this rule.....
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 05:29:05 AM »
Ironic thing about my tattoos.... my first tattoo is a half sleeve on my upper right arm. It depicts an Angel reaching down and pulling a troubled man (me) from the pits of Hell. It's a tattoo about personal salvation.

I don't care what these types of fools think. I know what type of man I am and how I live my life. One day when I stand before my maker I will have no qualms about the way I've lived my life....... not perfect, but that guy died for all of us long ago.

That's awesome, man!  I'd love to see a pic of your tattoo!  

I'm a Christian too and I want to get a DWYL tattoo.  It stands for "Don't Waste Your Life" - personal motto.

Gutsy Girl

GutsyGirl.... The first photo is my "personal Salvation" tattoo. Interesting thing... when I went and talked to the artist about what I wanted (my first tattoo) I still had a closely cropped horseshoe. When I went in a week later to look at the artwork the artist had drawn me bald. AND... I had actually shaved my head in that week's time. There are no coincidences.
The second photo is my "Werewolf of London" tattoo (I'm a big Warren Zevon fan). It's only a few days old in the photo so there is a little scab in one place.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 05:35:00 AM by Mikekoz13 »
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

theman

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 05:19:02 PM »
Super nice tats.  , great artist,  big bucks  ;) 8)

marty22

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 05:20:37 PM »
great work!

theman

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 05:22:56 PM »
 ;) 8) Good to see you back Marty 22 !

Offline Doctor X

• Sly Jr.
  • BBC: Because Sly is WAY better than bad hair.
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2012, 03:30:19 PM »
I guess I'll be seeing a bunch of Slys in the afterlife although it seems that eternal life might be a little "warmer" than we thought. Who knew?

And @ Doug. It might actually not be photoshopped. Since it is a Baptist church (note: not all Baptist churches are that way, which I know from firsthand experience), they might be completely serious. Ever heard of Westboro?

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2012, 05:26:03 PM »
I guess I'll be seeing a bunch of Slys in the afterlife although it seems that eternal life might be a little "warmer" than we thought. Who knew?

And @ Doug. It might actually not be photoshopped. Since it is a Baptist church (note: not all Baptist churches are that way, which I know from firsthand experience), they might be completely serious. Ever heard of Westboro?

Talk about nut cases.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2012, 12:42:46 AM »

Talk about nut cases.

Forget nut cases, they are the whole nut processing plant!

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2012, 09:57:10 AM »
There are some "nut processing plants" out the for sure but the sign that is from a site called churchsigngenerator.com
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2012, 01:11:38 PM »
There are some "nut processing plants" out the for sure but the sign that is from a site called churchsigngenerator.com

I had gathered, but couldn't resist the urge to insult the crazies

Offline BlackDogBrewing

• Sly Guy in Training
    • Hildenbrandt's Iris Garden
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2012, 03:35:29 PM »
I guess I'm going to hell...

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2012, 05:55:10 AM »

Heard of it? Our parish priest was sent to St. Davids in Topeka to counterattack this religious terrorist. The Phelps family constitute their own cult,  church, divinity and hell. It's frightening to realize that they won in the Supreme Court on Freedom of Speech issues. A right they exercise like a race horse. Odious people, a blight on Topeka and Kansas. These are the sorts who unintentionally craft a reputation for places and things evil, small minded and backward. One knows, extensively, what they're against but not what they're for except, possibly, the extermination of the rest of the population so they could find their own warped Eden. And in writing this I open myself to their hate and criticism. They have people who spend their lives looking for any mention of their name in anything vaguely public. In some days it would hardly surprize me to find them on the verge of my (deceased) front lawn picketing. Thanks to the Supreme Court, one could not even complain about the noise they make. So many hope to discover that one, or more, of their clan have dirty secrets that will be exposed on everything from CNN to billboards running along every Interstate.

Offline Doctor X

• Sly Jr.
  • BBC: Because Sly is WAY better than bad hair.
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2012, 01:51:43 PM »
WB Baptist is, in my opinion, the poster child for everything that is wrong with religion. And by that, I mean religion vs. faith. There's nothing wrong with faith, but there's a lot wrong with the hate-mongering that these people propagate.

It's groups like this that give real christianity a bad name.

I believe it was Ghandi who said that the reason he didn't become a christian was because so many "christians" are so unlike Christ, whom he admired greatly.

MarshalArtist

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2013, 08:11:41 PM »
You're going to hell for eating bacon, SHAVING YOUR HEAD, sassing your mother, and wearing poly/cotton blend too.  I'll see you all their.  My robes are flax and cotton.... lol

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2013, 11:44:13 PM »
There is no such place called hell.  Don't let any pastor or "well meaning" Christian scare you into believing that there is.  If there is a hell, three quarters of all those who have ever lived will be there. "One man's religeon is another mans belly laugh."
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline TxTa2Guy

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald By Choice since August 24, 2009
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2013, 12:22:06 PM »
Guess I have no choice but to make all my tats merge into one tattoo...

That is right, Arnie. SAVE YOURSELF! I had about nine tattoos at one time. I am sure having over three when I die would have sent me straight to hell, but I got the ones I had all tied together so that I just have one. I have added quite a bit more to it since then so it now goes from my fingers, passing up and over my shaved bald scalp, to my toes now, but it is just one big tattoo, so I know that now I will go to heaven. But then I am pretty much Buddhist so I don't know if I can get into heaven or not. I guess I will find out when the Time comes. Meanwhile, like Baldchav I will not worry my pretty little tattooed bald head about it.