Author Topic: Golfing  (Read 2287 times)

Offline Dusty

• Learning the way of Sly
Golfing
« on: June 27, 2014, 06:16:46 AM »
Alright, so I'm taking the plunge tonight and shaving my disappearing hair. I tan very easy, so my face is probably going to be a few shades darker than my head. I am golfing tomorrow, mid-day... What's a good sunscreen to put on? I have sensitive skin, when shaving my face, so I don't want to put something that may irritate my head. Especially since it'll be my first complete shave. Any input helps. Thanks

Think high to rise.

Offline ksshane

• Sly Jr.
Re: Golfing
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 06:36:47 AM »
I like the coppertone sport sunscreens. 

This is the one I use when spending the day at the pool with my son.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/coppertone-sport-high-performance-sunscreen-lotion%2c-spf-30/ID=prod8370-product

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 09:48:11 AM »
I use a Neutrogena spray like Beach Defense, but I also wear a hat or bandanna if I am out for longer than an hour. 

I strongly suggest that you do not expose your freshly shaved scalp to direct sun for more than about fifteen minutes, Dusty, even with the use of a sunscreen. I speak from experience when I say a sunburn on your head is not pleasant and makes shaving an almost impossible task. A hat will be your best friend in sun and cold.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 10:43:35 AM »
Dusty, you can also use some lotion with color in it, like Jergens Natural Glow. it will take more than a day to get some tan. I tan easily too, and it took about a week at 15 to 20 minutes a day of hot sun. Good points Cave Dweller!

Be prepared, your white bald head will surely draw a lot of comments and attention. Enjoy!

Mike
Bald by choice, and loving it!