Author Topic: Is it okay to put on two different lotions?  (Read 4119 times)

Offline AndreBoogy

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Must be slick, must be slippery, must be smooth
Is it okay to put on two different lotions?
« on: June 01, 2013, 04:24:00 PM »
So apparently dark-skinned people still need to wear sunscreen.... lol.  :XX

I currently only use Vaseline Total Moisture Aloe Fresh Lotion and it's been a great part of my routine. I just wanted to know if it would be too bad on my skin if I applied sunscreen right after. Like maybe Coppertone Sport SPF 30?

Or maybe a sunscreen that comes with Aloe in it? Does one even exist?  :-\

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Is it okay to put on two different lotions?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 08:19:51 PM »
Far as I know, nothing bad has happened by putting on two different lotions (presuming one is for dry skin and the other is for sun protection) Maybe someone can chime in here.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline JBite

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 01:14:57 AM »
I've only been sly for about a week, so I don't know how much advice I can offer. I've been using an aftershave balm, a moisturizer, and sunscreen. I apply the aftershave right after I shave (duh), then I'll usually finish up the rest of the routine (deodorant, brush teeth, get dressed, etc.) and then do moisturizer. Sunscreen is the last thing right before I'm out the door.

I leave some time in between because I find that slathering everything on one after the other makes my head feel greasy due to the amalgamation of goo I'm putting on it. But, this is mostly to avoid the greasy feeling and I don't think I'm doing anything harmful to my head. But, again, I'm a sly newbie and no expert as far as scalp care.

Obviously if your head has a burning sensation or something I'd be concerned, but that doesn't sound like an issue you're having.

Offline Bespoke

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 07:11:55 AM »
There's nothing wrong with using 2 products; but you do need to w8 between applications. Spreading sunscreen on skin that's already moist with another product can dilute the SPF in your sunscreen. I use an aftershave balm and then I use an SPF50 meant for babies (just to be safe!) But there are some gr8 dual products that are aftershaves with SPF as well.

Offline AndreBoogy

• Must be slick, must be slippery, must be smooth
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 05:15:09 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys! I will use both products now and let y'all know if anything crazy happens  ;)

Offline Jay

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 08:41:11 AM »
Nothing wrong with it at all.

Ive been doing it for 20 years on my face and now on my bald head.

Mix a little of this with a little of that for a certain desired outcome.

What's the difference between all of the various moisturizers/sunscreens, balms out there? Usually only in the active ingredients. They all have common cosmetic bases.

Run with it and discontinue use if irritation develops.

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 05:12:47 PM »
try an aftershave, moisturizer then sun screen

Offline pjm789

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 04:38:51 PM »
I use just the matte HeadLube,  let it soak in for a couple minutes,  then follow up with HeadLube SPF 30.  On really hot days down here in FL,  I usually wear a hat especially if I'm going to be out for a few hours.