Author Topic: Oily Skin  (Read 8311 times)

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Oily Skin
« on: May 27, 2007, 08:03:28 PM »
Has anyone had any experience with any products that help with oily skin. I been noticing that by mid-afternoon I'm getting an greasy film on the areas of my scalp that are the most bald and smooth.  I've noticed that the HB Clear Head says that is helps with oily skin but may not be specifically made for that purpose.  Does anyone else have this problem? :/O

<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Oily Skin
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 11:21:15 PM »
You can always try some Bald Guyz head wipes to help remove that afternoon film.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 07:20:48 AM »
i am curious as to what the answers will be too. i had dandruff untill i shaved, now i have oily scalp. :/O

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 08:33:57 AM »
I've had an oily face and head all my life. The best thing I ever found was Nivea for Men Face Wash.

Whenever the weather starts getting warmer, like now, I need to use it twice a day sometimes. A little dab will remove any trace of oil on your head, but will not dry it out.

KALBO

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 08:41:56 AM »
I've only noticed oily skin/scalp on days that I probably used too much HeadLube and didn't have a head wipe handy.

Offline Koaa2

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 09:14:15 AM »
I use the Kleenex Cottonelle wipes, work great for me, and no alcohol to dry out the skin, very inexpensive also.
"Wherever you go, there you are"

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 10:24:40 AM »
Well guys, there are several reasons for oily skin. One is that the natural oils secrete from the pores during the day, and the second is that you may be drying out the skin with soap and poor quality shampoos or washes and the body is making oils to replace lost moisture. The best solution is to use products to keep your head in a proper moisture balance. Yes Bald Guyz Head Wipes work best, but you do need to manage your baldness by cleaning the skin well, using a non dryin shave gel and moisturize accordingly. Remember the bald head s exposed to more UV rays and pollutants than people with hair so it needs more work, but if done right, the results are awesome.

Offline fireman

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 12:11:38 PM »
HBG...thanks for the info. (I'll be giving it a try, by the way the wipes are the best thing right after a fire!!)
Only a few perfect heads in the world....the rest have hair!

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 12:48:43 AM »
I've noticed the HeadLube can make my dome too oily so the Bald Guyz wipes have worked well so far.

Offline JD

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 01:00:52 AM »
  I use the Noxema skin cleaning cream after I shower and It keeps the head oil free for most of the day.  Inexpensive and lasts a long time and you can pretty much buy it anywhere.
There are two kinds of people I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.

--Nigel Powers

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 01:11:21 AM »
JD, welcome to the world of SLY!

Offline JD

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 01:53:38 AM »
JD, welcome to the world of SLY!

Thanks KySly and I'm lovin it thanks to the great posters on this site!
There are two kinds of people I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.

--Nigel Powers

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 08:57:37 AM »
Does anyone use any type of shampoo/conditioner on their head anymore? I noticed baldguyz have a product, but I was wondering with the exfoliating and the moisturizing after the shave if it is really necessary?

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 09:18:51 AM »
Does anyone use any type of shampoo/conditioner on their head anymore? I noticed baldguyz have a product, but I was wondering with the exfoliating and the moisturizing after the shave if it is really necessary?

I haven't used any type of shampoo.  I figured it wasn't necessary any longer.

I was using an exfoliant every day.  But I have recently cut back and began using a product from Biore' that is made for oily skin and works as a shine control.  Seems to help.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 07:27:16 AM »
Since the head gets "dirty' during the day form the elements of pollution, dust and pollen and natural oils secrete constantly, you need to clean the skin BEFORE you shave. We created Bald Guyz Wash & Shampoo for exactly that reason. By removing all of the oils and dirt before you shave, you are softening the skin and hair for a better and closer shave.

Enter your email address: