Author Topic: After shaving options  (Read 26032 times)

Offline valldo

• Sly
Re: After shaving options
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 02:10:50 AM »
I use an aloe vera gel after applying witch hazel. The aloe vera gives a nice shine. However yesterday I read another post in the forum talking about taking skin cancer seriously. In fact I take it seriously, but that post yesterday was on our really first sunny and warm day of the year here, and I stayed outside for a while....hmmm....the thing is that I'm still looking for a good moisturizer/gel with SPF, preferably an Aloe Vera Gel. 
There must be something out there besides the Headlube and the Bald Guyz SPF
Any suggestions?

Offline bamsbbq

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Re: After shaving options
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 02:31:26 AM »
I couldn't find a good moisturizer with spf so I just give myself some extra time and after I apply aloe, I follow it with sunscreen. Everything I use in picture.

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 01:51:59 PM »
a cold rinse, witch hazel rub and a dollop of double strengh aloe vera  gell does it for me. :@` :@` :@`

Offline Scary Terry

• Sly Jr.
  • SBG Brand-Newbie
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 04:43:12 PM »
My wife and step daughter are major couponers. A while back, she got all kinds of Nivea for men stuff for next to nothing. Alcohol free balm and sensitive skin lotion. Never used it much on my face, but sure feels good on tha dome. The lotion is only spf4, and from what I've been reading from all the experienced Sly guys, sun protection is a big deal. I'm gonna get an additional moisterizing lotion with higher spf for outside, but for everyday use the Nivea seems to work pretty good.
ScaryTerry

Offline AgeTwentyTwoBaldy

• More sly than a fox
  • Sly
  • Penn State's sly icon
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 01:22:08 PM »
The sun is starting to come out more now, and the temps are going up. I went out this morning at got myself some SPF 50 sunscreen. I'm not taking any chances with the sun now that I shave my head.

Offline lknight

• BBC
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • Day One, June 2011!
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 06:41:26 PM »
I know a lot of guys here are extolling the virtues of aloe vera, but, unfortunately, I am allergic to it. We're talking red and itchy blotches for a couple of weeks, nasty.

I am happy with HeadLube Glossy as a five minute post-shave cool-down, and then Ogallala Bay Rum rubdown about twenty minutes later. This is really cool to do the Bay Rum rubdown over entire upper and lower head...Your head is swathed in a most delirious island rum spice entoxicant.  And then start the stressful day ahead, but you are peacefully up-armed!!
Waited so long to do this, and now feel liberated!

Offline AgeTwentyTwoBaldy

• More sly than a fox
  • Sly
  • Penn State's sly icon
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 01:53:29 PM »
I just recently started to use an alum stick from a company called RazoRock. It kinda looks like a large lipstick tube, but you will regret getting the taste of this stuff in your mouth. After you shave and rinse, wet the stick with cold water and rub it all over your head and face. It stings a bit for about 30 seconds but your head and face feel great afterwards and it gives a great shine. I highly recommend buying this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RazoRock-60g-Alum-Stick-/270941863859?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1564bfb3

Happy shaving :)

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 05:50:00 AM »
Cold rinse, a splash of aftershave (especially if I have picked up a few nicks) and some decent moisturizer which I am finishing up that is lying around the house.  There are so many different half filled containers of moisturizer that I acquired before I went sly.  Once that is all finished up I intend to stick to a range of products, eg the HeadBlade Head shed, and the glossy finish, or the "Bladguys" range.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline xabydaddy

• Sly
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 02:06:40 PM »
Bald & Bold by Duke

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2012, 04:13:54 AM »
Cold rinse, a splash of aftershave (especially if I have picked up a few nicks) and some decent moisturizer which I am finishing up that is lying around the house.  There are so many different half filled containers of moisturizer that I acquired before I went sly.  Once that is all finished up I intend to stick to a range of products, eg the HeadBlade Head shed, and the glossy finish, or the "Bladguys" range.
so being sly makes you feel younger, Waine?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 04:15:39 AM by mrzed »

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2012, 05:03:52 AM »
@Hello Mr Zed

Sly does not really make me "feel" any younger.  But I have been told by several people that I "look" younger.  I am 46, but if truth be told, I feel 26 physically but more so mentally.  I am fairly young at heart.  Age is just a number, don't you think?
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline sfty.dude

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2012, 11:08:22 AM »
I have used the old school Pinaud Clubman as my all around after shave.  Burns like he// but once it dries it leaves me with a nice clean feeling.

Although I do have to psyche myself out before applying it  :*))

After reading some of the other suggestions I may be shopping around for something new

Offline yelloboy32

• Sly Jr.
  • Don't talk about it, Be about it
    • Williams On Sports
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2012, 02:13:31 PM »
Just got into witch hazel in the last couple of weeks and it's really great after my daily shave. Then I apply my lotion with aloe Vera and vitamin E.
"Success is a journey, not a destination...the doing is more important than the outcome". -Arthur Ashe

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2012, 02:50:14 PM »
I usually use Nivea High Performance after shave balm although I've recently taken to not using anything. I tried witch hazel for the first time this morning. That felt good, too. But I still wish I could find something that will keep my pores closed in warm weather.
Hair is over rated.

Offline BrotherBanzai

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2012, 11:05:04 PM »
Usually something from  L'Erbolario.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/091121/samp49bcf811932528fc.jpg[/img] [/url]