Author Topic: aloe vera  (Read 18436 times)

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
aloe vera
« on: November 18, 2011, 12:56:29 AM »
i've been usin aloe vera after i shaved my head, and i have no irritation nor breakouts whatsoever, & i'm sastified with that  O0 

HOWEVER, i've noticed on tha days i don't shave my head, i put aloe vera on my head, in order to keep it moistured, & i've noticed that i flake, & i scratch occasicanlly.  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

i've also noticed that it looks like some white residue on my head, & it kind of stands out when i look in the mirror.  ???  :-[

i've taken showers & tried to wash the residue off my head, & it's still on there.  ???  :-[

QUESTIONS:

am i infected with aloe vera?  ???

am i doin the right thing by just using aloe vera on my head?  ???

am i doin somethin wrong?  ???

is there anyway to wash this "white residue" aloe vera off my head??  ???

i'm really confused & somewhat upset.  :-[  :Xo!

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Re: aloe vera
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 06:32:57 AM »
I use aloe in an aftershave mixture that I make. It has aloe, witch hazel, and tea tree oil in it. I have no residue problems with that.
Make certain that you are getting a high quality aloe gel. I buy mine from GNC and it's on the pricey side but it lasts a long time because I only use it as part of my mix.
Maybe do some google searches on this topic. 
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline usmcpelon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 08:40:16 AM »
I use an organic aloe product and its really help smooth out my scalp and alway ready for the next days shave.  Check out the ingredients, something in it might be causing the flakes.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 11:52:38 AM »
i've been usin aloe vera after i shaved my head, and i have no irritation nor breakouts whatsoever, & i'm sastified with that  O0 

HOWEVER, i've noticed on tha days i don't shave my head, i put aloe vera on my head, in order to keep it moistured, & i've noticed that i flake, & i scratch occasicanlly.  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Dude, there's your answer.....SHAVE EVERYDAY!  O0

You're sounding like me. Shaving everyday is a must to keep the itch away.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 03:15:31 PM »

Dude, there's your answer.....SHAVE EVERYDAY!  O0

You're sounding like me. Shaving everyday is a must to keep the itch away.
[/quote]

wouldn't shaving everyday irritate your skin? ???

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 04:26:46 PM »
^^^^^^

Not certain all cases are the same. But for me, shaving my dome completely alleviated my suffering with sebhorreic dermatitus. Seems odd that shaving would be a remedy, but in addition to keeping the dome smooth, shaving removed any other crud (dead skin, etc) that might otherwise accumulate.

Different strokes for different folks, but shaving daily with proper use of a post-shave moisturizer might be the way to go for you.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 06:28:10 PM »
Grat advice shro. I like to shave everyday too. It gets rid of the stubble that builds up. I use Aloe Vera too and it helps.

:) :) :)

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 06:37:19 PM »
^^^^^^

Not certain all cases are the same. But for me, shaving my dome completely alleviated my suffering with sebhorreic dermatitus. Seems odd that shaving would be a remedy, but in addition to keeping the dome smooth, shaving removed any other crud (dead skin, etc) that might otherwise accumulate.

Different strokes for different folks, but shaving daily with proper use of a post-shave moisturizer might be the way to go for you.

i'll end up trying that next week. i usually don't mind skippin tha weekends.

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 06:37:54 PM »
Grat advice shro. I like to shave everyday too. It gets rid of the stubble that builds up. I use Aloe Vera too and it helps.

:) :) :)

there isn't such a thing as "too much" aloe vera is there? lol  ???  O:O

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 03:33:22 PM »
have been using aloe vera for ages and have never had a problem, i shave every day bar satur. O0 O0 O0day

Offline siologen

• You're just going to have to turn this opportunity yes!
  • Learning the way of Sly
  • It's all this stuff you're not saying!
    • Join my moonbit and earn free satoshis. Thanks.
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 08:11:30 PM »

First time posting here, thanks for all this info. Is aloe vera without alcohol better, and am I right in thinking that you should treat your noggin as an extension of your face, and that is don't use anything with alcohol to dry out the skin, and use a good face wash or something, and moisturize after shaving?

Also shro, thanks for your tip. Shaving everyday makes my scalp less irritable and has relieved dandruff flakes which I suffered from previously, it also looks better.

Embrace the baldness:-)

Offline Brade

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2014, 08:02:02 AM »
I've been using Aloe Vera for years and have never had any breakouts whatsoever.  I shave every morning.

Offline siologen

• You're just going to have to turn this opportunity yes!
  • It's all this stuff you're not saying!
    • Join my moonbit and earn free satoshis. Thanks.
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 08:25:35 PM »

Thanks Brade.

Will keep using it, just wondered what's a good brand without alcohol? ??? ::) :-[ :Xo! :/O :-\

Offline Harry Bringle

• Introducing myself
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 02:06:52 AM »
So, we are assured that Aloe vera is side effect free.
I am Bringle from Hague,Netherlands.I am always cooperative in nature.I am very much concerned about my fashion & style.So, i wanna know & share everything related to that.

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 04:08:52 PM »
Iam not sure of its availability in the us but DR ORGANICS DOUBLE STRENGH ORGANIC ALOE is outstanding and it leaves a mirror shine. O0 O0 O0 O0