Author Topic: What about the guys who surf in the winter?  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Tagus

• Sly Jr.
What about the guys who surf in the winter?
« on: August 08, 2010, 08:12:17 AM »
I surf in the winter which makes me at risk with all the sun i get so i was wondering if there´s anyone here who surfs, that can give me some insight about this?

Kelly Slater doesn´t seem to have any moles on his head so i guess he might be doing something right to protect his head. I still haven´t shaved my head (will be next week finally!) and i have to find solutions.

So far i used a 50SPF sunscreen protection for the face,hands and feet so it might be good for the head i guess.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: What about the guys who surf in the winter?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 08:47:54 AM »
What other choices do you have ?
Sun screen or some head covering .
YEARS AGO !!....... I tried surfing in Feb. ( Long Beach ,L.I. N. Y.) I wore a wet suit and rubber hood ..........WOW! It was    COLD !!!  :o
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 09:27:30 AM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Re: What about the guys who surf in the winter?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 09:11:08 AM »
Surf in the winter? I can't even surf in the summer! Or spring or fall. These people have my admiration.

What about a do-rag or something like that? Of course there will be a tan line. But a long and flowing do-rag might look cool while surfing.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.