Author Topic: Special Sunblock?  (Read 2292 times)

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
Special Sunblock?
« on: June 03, 2010, 01:06:32 PM »
Is there a special sunblock you need to use with your shaved head? I'm using this Oil-Free Shampoo I found in the closet. Is this good or is there somthing else you need as to not mess with your hair.

The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Special Sunblock?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 03:19:47 PM »
My current brand of sunscreen is Neutrogena's Age Shield Face sunblock, spf 90+.  It blocks both UVA & UVB rays--any one you chose should provide the dual protection at a minimum without considering the stated spf factor.  It's non-greasy and thus far, not even the hint of a rosy dome, much less "burned." 

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 06:01:19 PM »
My current brand of sunscreen is Neutrogena's Age Shield Face sunblock, spf 90+.  It blocks both UVA & UVB rays--any one you chose should provide the dual protection at a minimum without considering the stated spf factor.  It's non-greasy and thus far, not even the hint of a rosy dome, much less "burned." 

Thanks for reminding me. I saw a previous post of yours re this product. I must try it.
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 06:28:59 PM »
The wife got some banana boat spray that you don't have to rub in.  I usually just spray that on because it's easy. It's like SPF50.  Look up SPF ratings sometime.  There is little difference between 30 and 100.  Anything over 30 (which blocks 97% of the UV rays) is over kill.
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/features/high-spf-sunscreens-are-they-better

Offline omegapd

• Sly
  • "Fuzzy"
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 06:32:21 PM »
I go for anything that doesn't clog pores. I'm prone to getting red bumps and other things and that helps me out tremendously. Right now, I'm using a Coppertone Lotion with SPF 30 or an Aveeno lotion with SPF 15 and they work super for me.
- Eric W-

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 06:32:52 PM »
Now that I read that the one Saintc recommended does the UVB also, I might have to look into it.  Guess it pays to read sometimes  :px