Author Topic: Razor Nicks, Razor Burn or Something Else?  (Read 3188 times)

Offline Liquid

• Sly Jr.
  • Est. Sly Warrior since 2011.
Razor Nicks, Razor Burn or Something Else?
« on: March 07, 2017, 09:48:18 AM »
Greetings my Sly Bald Brethren! I have a few questions regarding my most recent issues that have been appearing during my shaves.

I have been shaving recently and experimenting with many different razors and shave products. Here are the following of which I have used as of recent:

-Headblade ATX
-Headblade MOTO
-Mach 3
-Dollar General's version of the Fusion
-Schick Hydro Sensitive 5 (Current)

-Gillette Gel
-Old Spice Shave Soap
-Headslick
-Cremo Cream Sandalwood

I have recently as of today just started exfoliating with St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub and usually use an ice cube after each shave, per Sir Harry. I've noticed that the main part of my head in the middle of the back requires me going WTG, ATG and Across just to get that part smooth. I have cut myself a few times and noticed that perhaps it might be a combination of that and also my minor problem with Seborrheic Dermatitis. I usually shave every three days since I recently had a child but normally shave every other day. Perhaps I need to tone down on the product and shave only WTG for now. I was just trying to find other options that might be cheaper or easier on my skin as why I was trying out different products. It has become a bit of a blow to my confidence and now I don't want to go out Sly with the way my head looks...

Thanks for the concerns and the answers/guidance to come!

-Jon

Offline Liquid

• Sly Jr.
Re: Razor Nicks, Razor Burn or Something Else?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 09:51:04 AM »
Sorry I forgot to include the aftershave part:

-Clearhead
-Bump Stopper

(Not at once and not together).

Offline Liquid

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 11:59:07 AM »
Perhaps I should just stick with the basics? And use:

-Preshave oil
-Cremo Cream
-Ice cube then Witch Hazel

Should I even exfoliate?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 01:07:51 PM »
Hey, Liquid/Jon:

Welcome back! I admit I try get on the site every day, but due to life I miss a day here and there.

Sometimes, too many passes and/or products can do more harm than good. From your pictures, I see a little redness, but other than that you look like you do a nice job on your head to say that you're Bald by choice. Nothing wrong with experimenting, but eventually I think you should settle on a primary razor and use the others only in emergency/pressed for time situations. Maybe you should invest in some Sea Breeze instead of basic aftershave, your skin may not take certain aftershaves well. For example, my scalp cannot handle Old Spice or Brut aftershave. Further, hair tends to be strongest in the back but to shave in opposite directions multiple times may be a bit too much. When you suffer breakouts, Tend Skin, although a little pricey, is the best product, IMO, to make bumps on the back of the neck and head clear up.  Sea Breeze is a good cleaner and a good alternative to traditional aftershaves.

P.S. Run-don't walk-Run away from any shaving product sold at Dollar General. I know we like to save a few $$$, but sometimes it's not worth it

PPS...Congrats to you and the Mrs on the little one!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Lomaxcromer

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 01:17:19 AM »
Cosmetic allergy?

Enter your email address: