Author Topic: Looking At My BALD Reflection And Liking It!  (Read 4067 times)

Offline Bald Bill

• Sly Guy in Training
Looking At My BALD Reflection And Liking It!
« on: June 24, 2009, 03:11:46 PM »
Hi guys. I have been hiding a while as I grew the hair to a to a extremely short military looking flattop. But a bad cut a couple weeks ago led me back to BBC - I AM SLY AGAIN and have been a week now.

I live in western Colorado where we don't have a lot of bugs and helmets on your motorcycle are optional. I generally wear mine, but there are lots of bald guys driving theirs around with their tan heads gleaming in the sun. I always wanted to do that.... Well, my head color is pretty tan and today I rode for a while on some light traffic roads. Sunglasses on and bald head showing felt great. I was really excited though when I saw the reflection of a bald guy (me) in my dashboard. My face didn't reflect well, but the bald dome and sun glasses looked pretty cool and I felt like a natural – just one of the bald guys!

Well, I don't plan on a no helmet freeway ride, but I am planning on more bald head showings on the m/c around town. What a rush – and although I liked the flattop, it's so good to be sly again.

Bald Bill
 :/O

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Looking At My BALD Reflection And Liking It!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 03:17:55 PM »
Right on and RIDE ON.  O0

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline yak

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 03:29:22 PM »
Nice Bill, when I lived in IL and had the "right...or um privilage" to ride w/o a helmet I used to get some wicked sun glasses tan lines in the summer, my wife would make fun of me but I rode everyday to work and had big thick oakley shades.  Now in TN they mandate helmets so I no longer have that privilage!!!

Welcome back to sly world and enjoy the rides this summer- be safe!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 04:53:12 PM »
Welcome back Bill!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 06:08:55 PM »
Welcome back Bill.  Yeah, I know what you mean about that gleam.   For the part of the year that I live and ride in Illinoiis, nothing looks better than a gleaming dome and great shades while out riding.  You definitely get a lot of looks from the ladies.   I think it's the "bad boy" thing.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost