Author Topic: General Opinions  (Read 7089 times)

Offline Beardson

• Learning the way of Sly
General Opinions
« on: May 28, 2016, 09:12:52 PM »
Hey everyone,

I have been back and forth between wet shaving and no guard clippers for the majority of the time these last few months.

I have received the typical comments since then, but I have also heard people mention that one side of my head protrudes much more than the other (i.e. that my head/face is asymmetrical).

I have also had people tease that my beard does not match the color of my eyebrows (actually red/copper colored beard with dark brown brows). I feel comfortable having a beard, mostly because without it my jawline vanishes.

I enjoy the feeling of getting rid of my troublesome and thinning hair; however, I am apprehensive when I examine my new appearance and realize that my head shape is off kilter, and the beard is not what I recall from when I had full hair on my head.

I suppose I'm just looking for opinions on my situation as well as a discussion as to whether anyone else has dealt with issues similar to mine.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
Re: General Opinions
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 10:50:31 PM »
Which side would protrude more than the other??
Honestly I cannot find the difference...
Nor I can see so much a difference between your eyebrows and beard colors.

Relax, you look gread bald, you have a very nice beard, the overall look si very good.
I would let the beard go a bit longer because lately I like longer beards, but you look great anyway!

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 05:30:45 AM »
I am making an appointment with the eye doctor asap! I don't see it. Man you look fantastic. If you want to talk about beards not matching come see me!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 06:11:19 AM »
The neckline of the shirt is a bit asymmetrical, but other than that, everything looks balanced.

The glasses look nice, too. 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 08:28:40 AM »
1.  There's nothing whatsoever wrong with the shape of your head.

2.  Nothing that occurs in nature is perfectly symmetrical.  Here's an interesting experiment.  Take a look at the "Photo Booth" app on an iPhone or iPad (or whatever Android equivalent is out there).  There's a selection called "Mirror".  If you line the device up in a particular way, it will take a selfie of one half of your face and put the mirror image on the other side.  Thus, everything is perfectly symmetrical.  And it looks really, really fake.

3.  It's not uncommon for hair, eyebrows, and beards to be different shades of color.  Don't worry about it.  Your head is shaved, so that's not an issue and hardly anyone will notice your eyebrows. The differences only become more pronounced as we age and start to get grey hairs.  How many times have you seen someone with a completely grey head of hair or beard and jet black eyebrows?  There's nothing unusual about it.   For years I didn't wear any facial hair because my beard was so very red and I was self-conscious about it.  What I wouldn't give now to have that red color back!   ;)

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 09:38:04 AM »
My face, totally asymmetrical!

I think you look fine, with the buzz and the beard.

Handsome guy.

S.

Offline VOT

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 01:49:39 PM »
It looks great. Stop stressing and just enjoy

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 06:04:03 PM »
I am making an appointment with the eye doctor asap! I don't see it. Man you look fantastic. If you want to talk about beards not matching come see me!

I guess I need an eye exam as well ! 

Firstly, you look confident and relaxed with new look.  That's a keeper.

Balding makes us focus on negative parts of our appearance.  Flat butt, mole on forehead, big lips, etc. etc. etc.

Get over it !

You have full function of all body parts.  You have vision, hearing, smell, speech, wisdom.

Don't knock it and just roll with it ...

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 08:14:07 PM »
I think you look good.
Hair is over rated.

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 01:29:07 PM »
You look great!
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline Jordan1991

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 07:48:04 PM »
Nothing to worry about, you look great!

Offline rodey201

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2016, 12:17:27 AM »
Dude your beard is awesome people are just jealous that they cant grow one, haters gonna hate. Plus it is very common for beards and other hair not to match up my hair was blonde (prior to me going bbc) ans my beard has akways been a darker brown with hints of ginger. Embrace it, it is one of the many little things that make your veard 'your beard'

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Enter your email address: