Author Topic: Care to help me out about these pinkish spots on my head?  (Read 9426 times)

Offline NickMcKormic

• Sly Guy in Training
Care to help me out about these pinkish spots on my head?
« on: March 15, 2015, 02:37:34 AM »
Hi there. I'm relatively new to the group and I was wondering if someone could help me with an issue I have been dealing with since I first started shaving my head (2 months roughy). I have these pink bumps on the lower part of the crown and basically none anywhere else on my head. It has an acne look to it and although i don't feel it when I shave (I use a combination of a Headblade and a Schick Xtreme with Headslick) I do notice it when I check my progress after the shave and all that day. I don't think it has disappeared at any point and I was hoping that someone here has been able to figure out what the story is with this kind of thing.

Here are some photos of the spots:

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Care to help me out about these pinkish spots on my head?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 04:10:21 AM »
Your pictures look a little blurry, but are they really bumps or just spots?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline invaray

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 12:00:16 PM »
I had that problem but found it cleared up if i shaved each day used no moisturizer and just soap and water. Don't skip a day and keep it dry.

shine and share

Offline NickMcKormic

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 04:17:22 PM »
They are very low bumps but they appear to look more like spots. They are all concentrated in one 2-3 inch area on the back of the crown. It resembles acne a little bit.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 06:05:19 PM »
It's possible that if they are "spots" instead of bumps, that it could be a case of "stork bite".
Stork bite is the area of the back of the scalp (usually at the nape of the neck) that usually doesn't have as much pigmentation as the other areas of the scalp though it could extend up to the cranial/crown areas of the back of the head in rare circumstances. If they are actual bumps that don't go away with bump cream or alcohol, etc. , I would see a dermatologist to see if they are possibly skin tags and/or moles. Keep us posted!

Offline NickMcKormic

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 03:29:07 AM »
Here are some better pics to help out.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 06:31:13 AM »
I think those are just spots that happen when a razor is put to the scalp for the first time. The key is to rub an ice cube and rub it over your head after each shave. It may be just scalp freckles but if the area is irritating, I would rub aloe vera or cortisone to heal the area. In time, when you are used to shaving, the scalp will toughen up and get used to the razor.Also, I would avoid using multiple razors on the same head shave if possible. (I guess you're using Head Blade as the main razor and the Schick to clean up in the hard to reach places, right?)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 06:38:56 AM by Sir Harry »

Offline NickMcKormic

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 10:10:39 PM »
Well since I have only been using the razor for around 2 months at this point and I am using 2 during each daily shaving session I suppose that could be it. I believe there are some scalp freckles involved but some areas are bumpy and red. Aloe Vera is a great thing for when I get cuts but it never seemed to do much good other than that so far. As far as ice, I've been using cold water, then Witch Hazel, then cocoa butter as my post shave this past week and it cleared up a little bit but still not in a really great way. I'll try with ice tonight and stick to using just the schick since it gets the better shave (even if it takes longer and is more likely to cut). I'll report back tomorrow on my results.

Offline invaray

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 06:22:56 PM »
I would stop using headslick, witch hazel and all the things your using.  I think one of those things you may be allergic to or is causing the irritation.

It looks like the blade your using is causing small scrapes and scratches

Switch to mach 3 or fusion and shave cream that does not cause me problems is Cremo.

Follow that up with just  Antibacterial Soap, leave off anything else and just let it dry.  I think It will clear up.
shine and share

Offline NickMcKormic

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 07:57:25 PM »
I don''t believe that is the issue. I started using Witch Hazel a few days ago and headslick after the spots started. I think it might be curable with an acne gel or something of the sort.

btw the ice cube bit is great, I tried it last night instead of rinsing off with water and it was fantastic. Thanks for that advice!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 06:28:23 AM »
I don''t believe that is the issue. I started using Witch Hazel a few days ago and headslick after the spots started. I think it might be curable with an acne gel or something of the sort.

btw the ice cube bit is great, I tried it last night instead of rinsing off with water and it was fantastic. Thanks for that advice!

You're welcome. I would experiment with one thing at a time. Remember, most of us took several shaves (and months) to get it right with our own heads, so don't be too hard on yourself if a certain product or method doesn't work right away.

Offline NickMcKormic

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 05:16:10 PM »
UPDATE:

So its cleared up a little bit after I changed my routine. I now start with some acne gel before I shower, then I use face scrub on my head before shaving with Headslick and a Schick Xtreme. Afterwards I use 2 ice cubes, then dry off and put on some Witch Hazel and then finish up with a Nivea Post Shave balm. It cleared up most of the pink spots and I only really see the remains of them along with the scalp freckles in the area. Hopefully this should be able to clear it up completely.

Offline bertyui

• Learning the way of Sly
    • best beard trimmer
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 09:15:13 PM »
doesnt look that bad but do you use shampoo? or body shower? if so i suggest you try an organic one because a lot of chemicals in the non organic

Offline nilagorilla

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2015, 07:52:42 AM »
My guess would be your putting pressure on the razor and not just letting the razor do the the work