Author Topic: Older guys with buzz cuts  (Read 3495 times)

Offline TV guy

• Sly Jr.
    • T.V.Puppetree
Older guys with buzz cuts
« on: April 16, 2013, 09:48:05 AM »
As a recycled bald (was real short buzz/sly for years; then grew hair; then had it all shaved off for charity) older guy (56) it seems to me that crewcuts and buzz cuts look better on younger guys. After a certain age, with the attendant wrinkles and sags we should go either hair or bare and not somewhere indecisively in between. Your thoughts?

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Re: Older guys with buzz cuts
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 12:53:13 PM »
"To each his own" I think would apply. "Buzz cuts are wasted on the young" I think was one of the statements perhaps mistakenly attributed to General Patton.
In any case each person ought to do what pleases them. I've seen older (than me) guys with flat-tops that look startlingly badass. Like they just walked out of Parris Island.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 02:19:11 PM »
Buzz cuts look fantastic on older guys.

Offline TV guy

• Sly Jr.
    • T.V.Puppetree
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 06:49:31 PM »
My bad...You replied to what I did write as opposed to what I meant. I will re-write this when I'm not so tired and a bit more lucid

Offline DC

• DC
  • Sly
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 08:10:02 AM »
I've between Sly for awhile. However, I've been keeping it buzzed at the 1/16" (?) guard. I'm playing with a no-guard possibly before summer's end.

Although I loved the Sly look, the buzz ain't been shabby either. Plus, my wife can live with it as well.
“You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 01:56:34 PM »
I've been doing the same. I let it grow for 3 weeks then back to # 1/2  ( 1/16"). Less work than shaving daily , and no velcro feel.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."