Author Topic: New headblade model!  (Read 8336 times)

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
New headblade model!
« on: November 19, 2016, 06:51:17 PM »
Headblade moto!?

Looks awesome.  Hope to get one of the first run before full distribution in February

Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline Jordan1991

• Sly
Re: New headblade model!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 04:01:20 AM »
Ooooh! Looks very good.

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
  • Outdoorsman, Officer, Saved by Jesus Christ
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 08:07:24 AM »
Can't find a photo, where are you guys seeing it?

I did come across the patent info though which might be interesting to y'all.

https://trademarks.justia.com/870/10/moto-87010354.html

Offline Gosh_the_Second

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 10:03:26 AM »
A very short video but you'll get the idea

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 10:28:36 AM »
Thanks for the video - that looks really good.... that articulating pivot on the rear will be nice for easier gliding... I JUST bought the ATX but I think I may have to get a Moto now when they're available!

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 07:22:45 PM »
I actually found out about it by accident.  I dropped my new atx and broke a crucial piece of plastic that helps hold the adapter on so I pulled out my old back up atx to use and when I went online to order a new one I saw an ad for the moto.  I put a new atx in my shopping cart however I haven't submitted it yet since I'm excited about the new moto and still have my back up atx to use. 

I think the moto is going to be awesome but I can forsee having to take it slow the first few times. That ball drive combined with the flex axle in the back could either easily get those hard to reach spots or easily get out of hand and cut you.  Either way in going to try it and even if I hate it I'm totally ok with that because I will just go back to the atx.

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 07:24:27 PM »
True... I might do the same thing... I hope they offer rebates of some sort like they did on the ATX!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 09:01:30 PM »
I've been using a prototype of the HeadBlade MOTO for a little over a month now and it's my favorite HeadBlade razor to date!!  Here's a video review that I'll be making available to the general public tomorrow, but I wanted to have you guys see it first!

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 04:28:03 AM »
Soo cool, thanks Tyler!

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 07:46:08 AM »
Well, I just bought a new ATX and then learn a newer model is arriving soon! LOL!!!!!!  Just my luck.  Thanks for the videos!  I might have to try this one out when they release them!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:33:20 PM by dshupe »

Offline headblade

• Sly Guy in Training
    • HeadBlade
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 04:02:41 PM »
Hi guys. 

So you found the MOTO!  We've been working on it since mid-2014 and we're really excited to release it to the public.  We have posted a couple videos on our channel but do not intend to really promote it until Wednesday.

I uploaded five more today.

https://www.youtube.com/user/HeadBlade

For those of you not familiar with the HeadBlade brand I'll give you a quick synopsis below and how the MOTO fits into our lineup.

The HeadBlade Classic was introduced in 1999 and introduced our patented suspension and finger ring design. It was also notable because the blade was in front and the user 'pushed' the blade instead of 'pulling.' 

The Sport was introduced in 2005 and really was the ongoing evolution of the Classic; along the way it introduced the 'wheels' and rubber finger ring.  It also came standard with our HB3 blades, instead of twin blade design.

A lot of people loved HeadBlade razors but we realized that the 'pushing motion' was uncomfortable for some and, if used incorrectly, would not give optimal results! 

So we engineered a completely new design for headshaving.

The ATX, introduced in 2012, was a complete reversal from the original HeadBlade as it became more conventional and utilized the widely accepted 'pulling' method of shaving as opposed to the Sport/Classic 'push' method.  It used the HB4 blade as OEM.

The ATX opened up a much larger customer base for us as most people are more comfortable with the conventional pulling method. Since then we've really had two 'camps' of HeadBladers...Pushers (Sport/Classic) and Pullers (ATX). 

I like the ATX but agreed with many longtime HeadBladers that once you master the Sport the ATX's only benefit was the better blades.  Since everything is backwards compatible with HeadBlade razors you could also use those blades (HB4 and HB6) on the Sport.

With the new design and technology integrated in the MOTO it is leaps and bounds above the ATX in shaving experience.  It rivals the Sport in effectiveness and is as forgiving as the ATX!  For over two years we've been working on the ATX successor and I really am excited about the MOTO.  It is now my daily shaver (spoiler alert.....until the S4 MOTO comes out mid-December!!).

I do monitor this Forum and applaud Tyler for really fostering the community. As most of you know I'm fairly easy to contact; Todd@HeadBlade.com

I may not give long answers to emails...(definitely not like this post) but I do answer them!

I hope you love the MOTO as much as I do. Give it a try.

And have a great holiday!

Todd Greene
Founder/President
HeadBlade, Inc.

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 04:57:03 PM »
Thanks for the info and post Todd! I'm very excited to give the moto a shot. Thanks for the link as well.

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 05:34:49 PM »
Thanks Todd! Looking forward to the new model!

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 06:10:43 PM »
Thanks Todd, you guys are the coolest! I am stoked about the moto

Offline headblade

• Sly Guy in Training
    • HeadBlade
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 10:03:59 AM »
Just FYI.  We've quietly listed the MOTO Kit on Amazon and a few people purchased last night.  We only have a couple hundred available now as they were the first air delivery we took (for press/editors).    By next week we'll have a few thousand in stock for HeadBlade.com and another 50,000 are in transit via Ocean (that will be here late December).  So if you want to be one of the first, check Amazon.  There is no discounting on this item.

We'll obviously run some sales over the holidays for HeadBlade but the MOTO will not be discounted.  It may come with free shipping or a promo item.  But if you want yours now go to Amazon.  You'll see there is no mention of it on our site yet.

Thanks.

Todd