Author Topic: to be or not to be  (Read 9607 times)

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
Re: to be or not to be
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 01:22:21 AM »
Camp... congrats on trying the hawk - looks good.  If you love the feel of your head now, imagine how much you'd love it if it was completely sly.  Once you lose the hawk, you should shave it at least once to see if YOU like it.  If you find that you do like it, you'll feel more confident about your looks, and that confidence will show to others.  As a side note, before I went sly I had been gradually buzzing it closer and closer and then just went for it without telling anyone first.  No one really noticed at first and I had to point it out.  Once my friends and family realized I had shaved my dome and they saw how much I liked it, they were accepting of it as well.  My point is it's your hair and your life - you need to think about what you want first and others can accept it or not.

Offline vampire

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008, 07:21:53 AM »
Hello, without being rude I think it looks awful, sorry.

Offline Camp

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2008, 05:05:11 PM »
Hello, without being rude I think it looks awful, sorry.

HAH! No REAL offense taken....but to turn your comment into something that resembles CONSTRUCTIVE criticism--do you think that I look better when I take the hawk off?
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find out it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."
--T.H. Lawrence

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2008, 05:12:08 PM »
It has to be interesting to see people's reaction to the Hawk.  Have fun with it, and post an update when you take the next step.  I think you will look awesome when you shave it all.  By the way, how can one say, 'Hello, without being rude...' and then proceed to make a rude comment?... makes no sense to me.  But then I don't think there are any 'Vamp' posts that have made sense anyway.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Shaf

• Sly
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 05:34:21 PM »
Welcome and that looks waaaaaaaaaay WICKED BRO!!!
Don't worry on any awkward reactions to the hawk, besides your much younger than anyone who might not take to it but amongst your peer group, guyz u hang with and your girl as you mentioned, will love it.

If or when you decide on trying the sly route, I think it'll look banging going on those pics  O0

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2008, 12:03:55 PM »
Camp ~  if you have the stones to sport a mohawk (and obviously you do) then a slick, smooth razor job is absolutely NO stretch!  You like the way the no-guard buzz feels.  I can promise that the difference between that and completely peeled is lightyears.  I have a sneeking suspicion you'll be applying steel to cranium soon.  It will look terrific.   
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2008, 12:06:29 PM »
do you think that I look better when I take the hawk off?

You weren't askin me...

but I'd say 100%...

YES bro!

Offline Camp

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2009, 12:06:31 AM »
So--the fire academy starts on Wednesday, and since I always like to be EARLY with things, I shaved off my mohawk tonight.  I was sad to see it go--but no biggie. 

Hair grows FAST!  I used to get my hair cut once every 6 months or so.... and after like a WEEK I have lots more hair again! This is going to take some getting used to.

So right now, my hair is at a #1.  HONESTLY, I don't think it'd bother me to go sly at this point--but I think my girlfriend would have my head....so while I warm her up to the idea (and hopefully the weather warms up) I think I'm going to keep my hair at a 1.

On a sidenote--having a mohawk is a lot of fun!  I got the craziest looks from little kids and old people--it was awesome.  Also, I felt like it gave me a big confidence boost to go from long hair down to a hawk...and likewise--I think when I go from the 1 to sly, I'll be more confident.
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find out it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."
--T.H. Lawrence

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2009, 04:37:01 AM »
Good luck at the academy !!  Hope everything goes well for you !!    O0

SlyHigh

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2009, 06:26:32 AM »
I regret not giving myself a mohawk for a weekend when I shaved by head.  I couldn't get away with it at work, although I found out one guy here has a mohawk but always wears a cap, so you'd never know.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2009, 06:43:18 AM »
Personally, I didn't care for the mohawk look. Of course I'm a senior citizen and stuck in my ways.  If you liked it, great.  I, however believe the sly look would suit you better.  I have a full head of hair and decided to shave the noggin' and I loved it.  I can't imagine the #1  route.  The stubble of missing one day shaving drove me nuts. A smooth scalp is the only way to go. For the most part, I received compliments after shaving and basically didn't care about the negative people's opinions.  By the way, welcome back to the forum and good luck at the academy.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2009, 07:53:27 AM »
I have a bet going with some of my struggling students that if they are earning an A at the end of the semester I will grow my hair out and get a Mohawk for the summer.  Should be interesting.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2009, 06:20:27 PM »
I have a bet going with some of my struggling students that if they are earning an A at the end of the semester I will grow my hair out and get a Mohawk for the summer.  Should be interesting.

Do you have to keep it for the whole summer?