Author Topic: What's the most comfortable dress shoe?  (Read 6427 times)

Offline Rev. Cleanhead

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Rob
What's the most comfortable dress shoe?
« on: February 01, 2011, 01:21:57 PM »
Looking for opinions...
I'm looking at getting a new pair of dressy brown shoes to wear to work on a daily basis. I prefer lace-up oxford style and a shoe that can hold a shine.  I need something that can stand up to a 10-12 hour work day with a considerable amount of time on my feet and walking on hard tile floors.  Has anybody discovered a particularly comfortable dress shoe that would be recommendable?
Thanks!
Rob

You can't part the skin of a sausage,
Or a dad from his fond son and heir.
And you can't part the hair on a bald-headed man,
For there'll be no parting there.  ~Billy Bennett

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
Re: What's the most comfortable dress shoe?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 01:36:31 PM »
I have to recommend Ecco as my favorite dress shoe.  I have this shoe in black that I wear for gigs:  http://www.zappos.com/ecco-helsinki-slip-on-black-santiago-full-grain-leather

I've never paid this much for any type of shoe before but I can honestly say they're worth every penny.  Extremely comfortable and sharp looking.  I'm on stage for up to 4 hours sometimes and never even think about my feet afterward.  I guess that means they're doing their job!  I've had them for about a year and they've held up to the test of time.  They're the only shoes I've ever considered getting "cobbled" once the sole wears out, which will hopefully be many years from now.  They hold a shine well, too.

Ecco also makes brown lace-up oxfords, too.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 01:39:54 PM by BillOnBass »
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 05:34:40 PM »
I have a pair of these and they are incredibly comfortable.

Offline Rev. Cleanhead

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Rob
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 09:05:37 PM »
Awesome -- thanks for the input, guys.
You can't part the skin of a sausage,
Or a dad from his fond son and heir.
And you can't part the hair on a bald-headed man,
For there'll be no parting there.  ~Billy Bennett

Offline Derby127

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 07:03:53 AM »
 I "Ecco" that.  Spent years looking for the best shoes for trade shows and Ecco is far and away the most comfortable with great style.  They also offer the best golf shoes on the market.  A bit pricey but worth it.

Offline just4fun

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 09:26:26 PM »
I have never had a pair of Clarks that I from https://www.footweartop.com/most-comfortable-shoes-for-men/. As I've gotten older I've developed some foot problems and my feet have become wider and longer which makes it difficult to find the correct fit. I'm having to buy 14's now but most of them aren't wide enough and often time they are a little long. 13's now are typically too short and I now need a wide which limits selection. I read about these shoes and they were a great price so I bought them. I bought a 13 wide and they fit wonderfully. They are a little longer than normal 13's by about a half size and plenty wide. The amazing aspect of this shoe is the cushioning. I bought and tried several pairs including 2 pairs of Ecco's and none matched the Clarks in cushioning and comfort. I think I'm also noticing less foot pain but I need to wear them longer to be sure. They are a little darker than the picture but they are so well made. I'm a Clarks guy for life now!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 09:30:42 PM by just4fun »

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 09:33:47 PM »
I'd look for something that is as close to 100% leather as possible.

Years ago I wore a RedWing black all leather tops shoe. Only the exterior sole was vibrum.  It was a shoe recommended for postal carriers.  Nothing fancy, but I could wear it all day at a convention on concrete floors. Feet would be tired, but not achy. They were close to $200.  But worth it.

Mr Zed.