Author Topic: White head  (Read 5044 times)

Offline Jaydw87

• Learning the way of Sly
White head
« on: June 22, 2017, 11:47:10 AM »
Hi all. I decided to brave it and shave my very thinning hair off for the second time. Problem is I done it after 2 whole weeks of blaring sun, now I am left with a ridiculous white head. Is there anything I can do to minimise it looking so white until it has a chance of getting some colour? I am feeling more confident about going sly compared to last time even with the whiteness but I know my confidence can go down very quick with just one comment. I don't want to live under a baseball cap. Thank you all very much in advance. Jason. The back and sides are worst.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 01:07:24 PM by Jaydw87 »

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: White head
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 02:02:46 PM »
The shaved head looks great, and the white part isn't bad. Small doses in the sun, like 20 minutes at a time. I did that about 3 times a day, and had good color in a few days. You can also try some self-tanning lotion. Get rid of the hat and show off that nice bald head!

How do you like it? Feels awesome doesn't it? Good luck with reactions, you'll probably get some positive comments.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 02:51:41 PM »
It looks great and will soon even out as long as that wasn't the end of the UK summer!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 07:28:23 PM »
Some guys have used a self tanning lotion to gt through the early white head stage.
SlyBeard

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 07:35:10 AM »
Looks strong! Easy with the direct sunlight. I recommend a moisturizer with a light sunscreen built in. Like an SPF #5, or so.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 01:11:33 PM »
first, why would youy want to have any hair, thinning or not, detract people's gaze from those eyes?

Second,  shaving at this time of year you know there will be a little color difference.  But a couple of days with short exposures to the sun it will be gone.  From then on your skin will maintain an even color.

I always use a light sunscreen when I am going to be outside for more than 30 minutes.  I don't want the sun to damage my face and make me look 80 when I am only 60.  I like the Neutrogena ultra shear sprays because they are not greasy, go on dry, and are sweat and water resistant.

I always use a moisturizer on my face; Clinique "M" (For Men) moisturizing lotion.  They make a  version of this that also contains a light sunscreen.