Author Topic: Hello SBG's  (Read 11943 times)

Offline GeminBeast

• Sly Guy in Training
Hello SBG's
« on: June 21, 2017, 08:15:01 PM »
I'm Rob and actually just recently discovered this forum and site and though why not join. I've never went for the sly look (I'm 51) but over the years I just started losing hair so bad I was developing some really low self esteem issues even when i was in my 20's and 30's I had a complex problem about my looks which led me to be an avid hat wearer. I figured hell is nobody can see my balding nobody can say anything. I now it comes down to one self and it's not like I don't have confidence physically speaking but the head has always been an issue for me. So, recently I just gave up, got angry at looking at my crappy hair and decided to just go sly. At least as sly as possible as I have the wonderful horseshoe that not many can pull off looking good. Today was my 2nd shave and I think I like it. My daughter says she didn't really notice a huge difference between shaving my horseshoe down to a 2 or if I just went skin smooth. But, I've not been brave enough to go out in public yet like the gym. I want to but my complex problem has been many years in the making and I just need to build some confidence. So I wear a hat until I get that confidence. I like the feeling of being sly and I've really noticed at looking at others before and after pics almost all of those people look much improved. I guess the fact that my wife leaving me after 20 years of marriage for a younger guy half her age didn't help me with gaining much self worth so I'm a work in progress I guess. I also have some weird skin issue on the top of my crown with weird reddish colored bumps that are not bumps actually but reddish spots inside the skin which i don't know if people can tell or if it makes my going sly even worse. Even with hair I could still see it. Anyways, glad to be here and nice to meet you all.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Hello SBG's
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 10:00:05 PM »
Dude, you look soooo cool smooth and sly on top.  Much better than the old guy in the first photo.  Be proud of that head, take it out in public, and get rid of the hats.
SlyBeard

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 11:34:42 PM »
Welcome! What a change for the better, you took a few years off of your appearance. Don't be too hard on yourself, we tend to be nervous about certain changes in our lives, but in time you will own the sly look.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 11:57:10 PM »
You really rock the smooth look.  Ditch the hats and show the noggin off with pride and confidence.
Roger

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 02:28:25 AM »
Buudy, youhave just gone from "Dud" to "Stud"! 

(And I have to be honest; NOBODY was a good looking "Monk's Fringe". (What you called a "horseshoe").  The only good looking horseshoe is in the middle of a high and tight military flattop!

Offline GeminBeast

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 06:34:04 AM »
Thanks for confidence boost! It feels great. No combing in the morning just some cold water all over and it feels great :) I know each and every day I keep it like this I will build more confidence and I gotta remember not to let one single persons negative opinion give me a complex about myself.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 04:29:52 PM »
Welcome, Rob
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline gymguy66

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 08:15:37 PM »
Dude looking like you do now there should be NO negative comments....you look incredible..like a different person....sly sure suits you :)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 07:24:56 AM »
If I were you I would be out showing off that new haircut! What a great look for you, looks like you're in your early 30's. Throw the hats away!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 03:55:01 PM »
Greetings Rob, and welcome to the forum! I commend you for being open with your situation. You look great with the shaved head, and the shape of your dome looks just fine. I think the new look does make you appear younger. You have only one life to live, so be sure it's one full of happiness and positivity.

BigKen

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 11:01:25 PM »
god damn. major improvement. that hair you had left was dragging you down. no doubt.

welcome to your new life, dude. embrace and move on fast!

Offline JayG23

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 02:56:59 PM »
Badass! Awesome much better now.  8)

Offline Lew

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 08:02:51 AM »
The before and after pictures are amazing.  You look much better now.  Congratulations on your new look.  It suits you well.