Author Topic: Shick Quatro Titanium Trimmer!!  (Read 5368 times)

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
Shick Quatro Titanium Trimmer!!
« on: March 05, 2008, 07:27:54 PM »
Ok, so for those of you that have read the other thread about this new razor from Shick, and for those of you who are contemplating purchaseing one of these razors, please for the love of god let me save you some time and money!!

I have to be honest, I'm a sucker for new gadgets, and I've never been a fan of the Shick product line. However I had to give this razor a try, and as I should have known, this thing was crap with a capitol C R A P !!!!!

First the Trimmer;
                            At first glance it appears to look like a regular narrow percision trimmer, and it does have some good weight to the handle. It is a little noisy, but that was to be expected. I only have a gotee and it was getting fairly bushy looking and was in need of a trim, I would have been better off useing my daughters Plastic scissors designed for cutting a piece of paper. I used the longest setting #3 and it took forever to get it trimed EVEN, and even when I gave up, I still had to finnish off with some scissors.

Next the Razor;
                          Again a big waste of money!! It did not provide a very close shave and with those "Safety Wires" in front of the blades made it damn impossible to rince clean, although they did prevent me from nicking myself, my face got very bad razor burn.

Finnaly The 5th Percision trimmer Blade;
                         Coppied straight from thr Gillette Fusion, it is NOTHING like it. I dont think that the head of the blade pivots enough for this blade to be as effective as it could be.

In conclusion:           Pros: Nada, Zilch, 0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cons: Waste of Money, space, packaging, natural resources !!!!!!!

Simply put Shick should consider a name change..............sh*t Quatro!!

Now if you all will excuse me I have to go finnish shaveing my head with my trusty HeadBlade!!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 07:30:06 PM by Tom. »

AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

jusbnme

Re: Shick Quatro Titanium Trimmer!!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 07:54:42 PM »
Thanks bro.  I had seen this also and was thinking, against my better judgment, to give it a shot.  Glad I didn't. 

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 08:19:39 PM »
tom...thanks 4 your review. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 08:22:05 PM »
Thanks Tom, I won't waste my money.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline mojim

• "As soon as your born you start dying, so you my as well have a good time"
  • Super Sly
  • "Making my way the sly way"
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 10:03:35 AM »
Well i'll take that off my Fathers Day list...Thanks for the headsup O0

jusbnme

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 03:19:23 PM »
It's weird to me that Schick didn't stick with their patented flex blades when coming out with the Quatro.  :-\  Because I love the Schick Extreme 3.  I use it off and on when I get ticked at my HB.  That's actually the razor I've used since High School.  When Schick first came out with the Quatro I was like cool I'm getting that.  Then I tried it and it basically did a bad number on my scalp.