Author Topic: La Quinta Clones  (Read 3444 times)

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
La Quinta Clones
« on: August 22, 2015, 05:54:48 AM »
My wife and I have been settling our eldest into her freshman dorm and going through parent orientation this week. Since I am the morning person in my family, I was up before 5:00 am today as usual. In order not to disturb my wife, I went down to the hotel lobby, got some coffee and read the newspaper while watching the sunrise.

A short time later, I glanced over at the checkin desk and noticed the young woman behind the counter was staring at the lobby with a bemused and somewhat confused expression. It was then that I looked around me and noticed that the only persons sharing the lobby with me at that moment were seven other smooth headed gentlemen (five of whom also sported goats) sitting alone, drinking coffee and reading.

I smiled at the clerk and told her that her eyes were not playing tricks on her and that this really was happening. She smiled back and said that for a moment there she had been worried she was hallucinating.

"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: La Quinta Clones
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 12:24:13 PM »
Funny story,but it's true bald is the new " in " .
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 09:49:37 AM »
Its "The Invasion of the Hair Snatchers"!  "They checked in with flowing locks; but they checked out Sly!"

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 01:36:05 PM »
Good story!  I have a similar experience at the local bagel shop that happens pretty regularly.  There are mornings when the only customers are a couple of town cops, a neighbor of mine and me - all with shaved heads.

Offline Snowdog

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 09:16:32 PM »

That is awesome!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 09:06:01 PM »
Back in 2005, I was coming home from a business trip to Miami and I was seated next to a man with a shaved head.  While sly was getting to be common, it wasn't "in" like it is now.  So I had a nice conversation with the fellow.  The flight attendant also had fun with the fact that two chomedomes were seated next to each other!

Offline john.peachie

• A Texan working in N'Djamena, Chad
  • Sly
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 05:07:25 AM »
Great story!  First people down since they don't have a lot of grooming issues  O0
John

The best things in life are free, that's why I'm good for nothing...

Enter your email address: