Author Topic: Shampoo  (Read 5118 times)

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
Shampoo
« on: January 02, 2014, 08:35:56 PM »
I'm curious, being new to head shaving and all, what do you guys use for shampoo?  None at all, the same you've always used, or something totally different now that you're sly and bald?

Before I went sly, I was using the Bosley Hair Care products for thinning hair.  My friend is a hair dresser and she got me huge industrial bottles of shampoo and conditioner.  I use it on my beard too, figure it'll help promote facial hair growth.

Well, now that I'm sly, I'm still using the Bosley shampoo since I still have plenty in that huge bottle; granted I'm only using a small amount now.  I also still use it on my beard.  The conditioner I no longer use.

What's everyone else using?

My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Shampoo
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 02:20:05 AM »
I use exfoliants once a week....I used to use it more, but my scalp started drying out a lot (didn't help that I was lazy at times and went as much as a week without shaving). I now use the exfoliant mostly on Saturdays, Dove Men Care twice a week and if I'm running low on one or the other, Noxzema. I like a shiny scalp, but as long as I can avoid dry scalp, the amount of shine doesn't matter to me.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 06:39:11 AM »
I have "industrial-sized" bottles of shampoo from Costco which I'm still working through. I don't see any reason to change.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Jungle Juice

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 12:07:11 PM »
I use St.Ives on Sundays and Wednesdays and shampoo with Dr. Bronner's 18-in-1 hemp Tea tree pure castile soap on other days.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 02:42:42 AM »
I just bought some Grandpa's, Wonder Pine Tar Soap. Seems to be highly recommended so will give it a shot as i do suffer with a sore scalp and have done for years. Sore to touch, not 'sores'.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006FXJDWC/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 05:29:34 AM »
I went to the dermatologist for my three-month checkup...I told her that my scalp had been itching even with the use of shampoo (doesn't help that I work in a lot of dust). She gave me a scalp exam  :@` and said that I had a slight case of SD (sebhorric dermatitis). So she gave me some Ketalcozone shampoo to use twice a week and told me to use the exfoliant only once a week. The scalp is getting better since I started shaving every other day instead of every third day.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Bespoke

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 06:08:21 AM »
I use face wash; because, I figure, my face doesn't stop at my forehead any more! I also moisturize my dome with the same moisturizer/SPF that I use on my face.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 12:46:49 PM »
Hi SIr Harry,

So glad to hear that your scalp is doing better. I hipoe that it heals up for you soon. Take care buddy.

Offline Jeremy66

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 09:25:27 AM »

Before I went sly, I was using the Bosley Hair Care products for thinning hair.  My friend is a hair dresser and she got me huge industrial bottles of shampoo and conditioner.  I use it on my beard too, figure it'll help promote facial hair growth.

Same boat as you. I was considering going for a hair transplant consultation and decided to try Bosley’s Professional Strength (which I found on their website: http://www.bosley.com/solutions/hair_restoration_options.php). I can’t lie, it worked to a good degree! This was early last year, before I decided to embrace mother nature and join the “Shaved Head Club”. Now, with Winter in full swing, I have started letting it grow back and using Bosley’s products to ensure it comes back in. Once the warm weather comes back around, I will probably go back to being “Sly” and keep the beard/goatee.

You look good though with the shaved head!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 01:01:05 PM »
Keep sly 365!! lol

Enter your email address: