Author Topic: Tanning Bed?  (Read 14526 times)

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
Re: Tanning Bed?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007, 09:43:17 AM »
After removing the pillow your head lies directly on the glass causing a pressure point.  In my experience, pressure point areas tend not to tan, such areas around you shoulders and such.  I assume this would be the same for the head?

not sure about that, but the people at the salon you use should be knowledgable about the issue.  The ones at mine know quite a bit.

bald for life

Offline don

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 11:40:50 PM »
Be very careful about tanning salons.They could cause skin cancer. It's all moneymaking.Don't get sucked into trying it. Appreciate the skin tones you have.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 04:40:15 AM »
oooh! am loving the smileys!!  O0

In my opinion, the stand up tanning beds are the best and the quickest. Of course, misuse of them can cause your skin to burn, which is why when undergoing a course of sunbeds, you should start off slowly, gradually building up your tan, like ar3inc recommended. You should also make sure that you apply creams or lotions, as these can help stop you from being burnt, and can also help bring out the tan. Not using proper lotions can actually slow down the effects of tanning, as moisture on the skin absorbs the rays quicker. Aftercare is also important, as it dries out your skin quicker, so invest in a rich body lotion/cream to apply after you shower. A reputable salon/gym should have guidelines on the process of tanning.

It can help people that are affected by S.A.D (seasonal affective disorder) which is a form of depression caused by the winter months.

I think that life should be enjoyed, not endured, and if someone wants to get a tan by this method, they should go for it..as long as the proper precautions are taken, there shouldn't be a problem...after all, if you go out in the sun and don't wear sunblock, you're gonna burn.  It's all about being sensible. ;)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 04:42:12 AM by MagmaBabe »
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline tgparker

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 08:22:54 PM »
White guys with fish belly pale white domes aren't exactly babe magnets...

I don't have a California or a Florida tan on but I try to keep a healthy outdoorsey color and so does my dome.

I use good/best quality sunscreen in the summer, 'cause my dome can burn real fast if I'm not wearing a hat. I was working in Africa a few years ago, and I got burned really bad there...taught me a lesson...

In the winter months I use a tanning salon. I've heard all the warnings. The trick to a SAFE, GOOD salon tan is to butter up real good with a top quality salon tanning lotion, and start with like 5-8 minutes, then add two minutes each time you tan. I'm up to 20 minutes in a regular machine. Be REALY careful with the "Mega" and "Super" machines you can really get fried to a crisp in them unless you REALLY know what you're doing....

When in doubt ASK someone for advice... Usually there's at least one person at the salon who knows what's what,  so ask them  for tanning advice and safety tips... The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

Considering all the oils, goops, creams, conditioners, moisturizers, HeadLube, etc.. and other crap that I apply to my dome, I'm usually in pretty good shape up top.

Summertime, I do make a point of using a good quality sunscreen outdoors and when I'm using a tanning salon I use the good stuff there too... Quality is usually only a coupla bucks more expensive than the cheap, useless crap, so why not go for it and do it right at the get go...

Cheaper isn't cheaper if your head is blistered and peeling and you look like and feel like hell...

Hope this helps,

Tony
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 08:27:32 PM by tgparker »
Gotta HB S4 for sale?  I'm looking to buy one.  If you got a nice one 4-Sale, please PM me. TIA.