Author Topic: What to do after sunburning the sly dome...  (Read 27067 times)

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
Re: What to do after sunburning the sly dome...
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 10:41:48 AM »
hello from a noooobie (pic forthcoming)  i got a bad sunburn on my bald head last weekend & now it's peeling like crazy -- looks like i have the worst case of dandruff ever documented in the annals of dermatological medicine.  any advice on how to CURE peeling skin?  i have tried several lotions/moisturizers, but to no avail. 

If its quit hurting, I would think something like the Headshed would help remove the dead skin.

Offline Smoooth

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 10:48:37 AM »
thanks, guys.  like someone else said, i usually get burned on the first summer-like day of the spring.  btw, i know BALDANDRE from another bald site -- I forget which one.  my nickname on that site is "Bernie".

BALDANDRE

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 10:59:33 AM »
thanks, guys.  like someone else said, i usually get burned on the first summer-like day of the spring.  btw, i know BALDANDRE from another bald site -- I forget which one.  my nickname on that site is "Bernie".

Just spreadin' the love, my friend Bernie...spreadin' the love! ;)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2007, 11:06:29 AM »
Welcome Smooth! 

As Medic said, try something that will remove the dead skin like HeadShed, St. Ives Apricot Scrub, or a loofah with some facial cleanser.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Smoooth

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2007, 12:10:27 PM »
thanks again, my bald brothers! ;D

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2007, 06:33:37 PM »
Wooo!  I got it today.  I ended up being outside far longer than I had planned, my melon is a nice bright red.  I'm currently wearing a bandana soaked with 50-50 vinegar/water.  Lesson learned for this year :'(

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2007, 07:08:48 PM »
A few years ago I had ACL reconstruction, and was still on crutches on Canada Day, but that didn't stop me from going to the water front to see the Sea Fest pagent girls, and chill out with my brother listening to the tunes. Well after a few hours of crutching around with the sun beating down on my arms (wearing a sleeveless T-shirt), night was falling the fireworks were booming, I met me a girl..... Layed down some Curtis Charm, and ended up with a date when I was back on my feet (we ened up dating for a while and still are great friends. I also found that it was really cold outside. Blair (my bro) said it wasn't cold at all, and i'm not normaly cold

Well I was getting a little hungry so my bro and i made it to Subway, and once we got in the building we noticed my arms and shoulders were Red, i'm talking cooked lobster, tomatoe, firetruck red. We get our grub and make our way home, as we walk towards home i'm freezing, like out in winter shirtless cold.

I get home, and my mom was laughing at me cause she warned me about sunscreen... and i ignored her not thinking i'd be out all day. That night I was so cold, i had to have 2 blankes wraped around me to keep warm.....

My dad who is mister Herbal and Natural from the Health Food store, bought me a bar of soap for burns.  I don't know what was in it, but i went from bright red burnt to nice tan in 24 hours, with no blistering and peeling..

I just mailed pop he'll have an answer for me come tomorrow i'm sure.

Curtis the long winded moron
my storys may suck and have no point but look how much time you wasted to get here.

<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2007, 07:29:55 PM »
my storys may suck and have no point but look how much time you wasted to get here.
You had a point, it just took a while to find out what it was  ;D
I'll be watching for your Pop's remedy.  I've been out it the sun all day today.  I had a doo rag with me and was wearing it in the beginning and at the end but obviously not enough in the middle.  It was windy and cool today too, so it's easy to forget about burning on a day like today.  Also, I've got a two day shadow going on, so didn't think I had too much to worry about but I can feel my scalp heating up now and it's a little tender to the touch.
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2007, 07:55:51 PM »
Ok I know what to do after " sunburning the sly dome "

Avoid HEAD RUBS !!! :*))
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2007, 12:18:11 AM »

That's a good one, but people, please be careful -- and use sunscreen.  We're all too good looking to get cancer.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2007, 07:17:21 AM »
The melon is pain free this morning.  I should have used the vinegar on my arms too last night, they are a little sore. O0

Offline Smoooth

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2007, 07:12:28 AM »

That's a good one, but people, please be careful -- and use sunscreen.  We're all too good looking to get cancer.

I was just thinking the same thing...Damn, we're a bunch of good-looking blokes!! O:O

Offline Johannes

• Sly
  • Straight Razor Shaver
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2007, 07:43:12 AM »
is cold water on the head an option
Nothing better than one sharp blade

Offline flattop peterbilt

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2007, 09:05:44 PM »
well i have had 7 days of burning the dome and it is very sore ... this is going to be a rough summer for me ...trying all the tricks but the old dome is taking a lick....
Life hands you four Aces bet high...life hands you four duces...call

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2007, 11:27:57 PM »
Ok after talking with my pop, i figured out the soap.... It was a homemade soap with Aloe and olive oil as 2 important ingredients
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]