Author Topic: Is there anyone on here who just has a short buzz cut  (Read 10161 times)

Offline RayJ

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Is there anyone on here who just has a short buzz cut
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 11:32:27 AM »
Maybe I was just pressing too hard but I've got spots all over the back of my head.

Offline AgentBald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 01:44:21 PM »
You know what helped my scalp NOT get irritated when I buzzed?  Baby powder.  It took away any excess moisture that made the clippers pinch skin causing irritation, nicks and cuts.  No more red spots, no more cuts, no more irritation.
"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

Offline RayJ

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 02:16:25 PM »
AgentBald, thanks for the info on the baby powderu.I will try it.

slyest

Re:
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 03:54:07 PM »
I buzzed my hair for years but as my hairline got worse I gave up and reached for the razor

Offline Curly

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 07:04:38 AM »
I have used 1 buzzer now for 5 yrs... 0 guard... Works great for me..

Offline DannyBoy

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2014, 03:43:32 PM »
 buzz my hair aswell to the point where even if i did do sly there wouldnt be much different i will probably will try it one day cause why the hell not lol...at the moment i have a jason statham type length going on which i dont mind for the time being.
It is only a problem if YOU make it a problem.

Offline digitaldome

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2014, 04:13:05 PM »
Buzzed The Dome for years with my Classic 76 and an #00000 blade.
As close as you can get without shaving it...Just started shaving it a few months ago
*Paul*
I don't believe in Fate...but I do believe in F8

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2014, 07:48:54 PM »
As noted above, I am primarily a clipper shaver...this morning I gave myself a #0A, which basically leaves 2.5 days' stubble.  At a restaurant this evening, I received a "nice haircut" compliment for one of the waiters, who had a razor shaved head.  Moral of the story...once you are into "0 guard clippers", you looked shaved to most people.  Now, what hair I have (classic MPB ring, bald crown & very thin front connection/sparse top) is all white, so it really looks "shaved" when I know that I really have an ultra-short buzz clipper shave (as opposed to a razor shaved head).  So, it's all about what you are comfortable with...if you are comfortable with a 0 guard buzz, as a solution to MPB or as a BBC option, that's great.  I will probably switch to #000000 for the summer shortly. Last year, I did a weekly #000000 from February through November (with an occasional razor shave); then #1 through March of this year and primarily #0A since March until now. I tend to like a little bit of stubble, which looks better with my MPB that anything longer than a #1.5.  But I may try shaving weekly this summer for a bit and see if I like that better. At either #0A, #000000 or anything in between, my wife considers that I "shave" my head.  When I did razor shaved my head last summer, no one noticed or if they did, no one commented at all.  Again...all that matters is what you are comfortable with once you are at #1 buzz or below.

Enter your email address: