Author Topic: Who encouraged you to shave?  (Read 4456 times)

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
Who encouraged you to shave?
« on: September 02, 2017, 03:50:56 PM »
I know lots of guys on here have said the biggest obstacle to shaving was a lack of support from people. I didn't have that problem myself. Everyone was all for it, especially my sister & sister in law. Of course, having a sly brother in law helped too. My female friends and friends' wives and girlfriends all said to go for it, that I'd look great. A girl who has cut my hair before also said it would be a great look for me. I was really surprised that no one had any objections. How has everyone else's experience with this been?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Who encouraged you to shave?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 12:24:24 PM »
Nobody encouraged me. I started seeing a few guys with shaved heads and thought it looked great. After suggesting it to my then s/o, she reluctantly agreed to a one time buzzcut. So the next morning I got up before her and shaved my head bald. She was shocked and said she didn't think I would actually do it. Several hours later, she suggested I keep it shaved for awhile, and admitted she liked it. So I put a photo on Facebook saying "summer haircut" and got mostly positive reactions.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 01:30:30 PM »
I shaved my head for a charity fundraiser and as an inducement to donate, I said I'd keep my head shaved one day for every $X donated. After nine months of shaving my head, I asked people to re-up and I kept going.  I liked my new look and so did my wife and daughters, so I never went back to hair. It's been nearly 6 1/2 years since that first shave!

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 05:09:43 AM »
a now ex-girlfriend suggested it, and have been pretty much so since (besides the fact that by now I really cannot grow much on my head anyway)
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 10:39:26 AM »
Nobody encouraged me, it was just something i decided to do for something different after some rough times in my life. Was initially just going to sport the look for a couple weeks, then grow it back, but decided i liked it so much, i have kept it. Now have been shsving every day since, for 1 year and 9 months now.  Many of my friends no longer even remember whst i looked like with hair. Now, i suspect its a look ill keep for the rest of my life, and recently updated my driver licence tphoto o reflect my bald look. Even had the dmv lady put down bald where it says hair color, despite that im bbc because im just that commited to the look. Even find myself hoping that my bbc status will become bbn one day, although i doubt it since i have such thick hair i go through razor cartridges  more often than most other daily shaving sly guys, i suspect.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 12:29:36 PM »
like others here - nobody.  As a teenager I admired a guy with close buzz cut. Did the same when off to college.  Shaved head initially in 1980 for several years before it became more common.  Shaved now daily for many years.

Offline lsflipper

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 07:11:03 PM »
Nobody encouraged me. My hair was thinning and gray. I didn't like it so I thought I would try the bald look and have had a shinny head since 2012
Larry the bald guy

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 09:39:43 AM »
Bald celebrities and this forum. Thank you Tyler and earlier members . Also a Head Blade commercial video.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 03:27:47 PM »
No one really.  Had been going shorter for years and always had the thought I would like to be shaved so just did it.  That was in June 2004.
Roger

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 04:52:05 PM »
I had no encouragement and did not discuss with anyone.  I just did it.
SlyBeard

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 06:07:51 AM »
A co-worker, neither of us balding, suggested we cut our hair shorter, so we did. About a #2. From there about every 2 months I shortened the length until I was buzzing with no guard as short as I could go.

I found I had several BBN friends and thought I'd do it to support them.  I've been shaving my head ever since. Really like the look. Yes, most people have forgotten what I look like with hair. It's been almost 6 years now.

Offline bbc2012

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 02:50:34 PM »
Nobody encouraged me. I like the bald head with beard combo. 6 years ago I decided to give it a try and I still like being bald by choice.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:54:49 PM by bbc2012 »