Author Topic: How to use the HeadBlade  (Read 178735 times)

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: How to use the HeadBlade
« Reply #255 on: December 13, 2013, 12:38:45 PM »
I need to find a better blade i think as it takes quite a few passes to get the head smooth!

Offline mike8675039

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #256 on: March 03, 2014, 07:18:19 PM »
I've been using the HeadBlade for going on a couple months now.  It was the first thing I picked up for the first shave of the head.  It is working pretty good for me.  When I let it grow I have hair down the sides and back pretty thick, but nothing but wisps up front or on top.  So I get about 4 to 5 shaves before needing a new HB4 blade. 
The problem I've run into has been with the adapter.  It seems that after I get through the first blade, it's already time to replace the adapter.  I've gone through 3 adapters due to either cracks in the joint of the spring, or breaking the adapter off the body when trying to remove the old blade.

Am I doing something wrong? About how long are the adapters lasting for you all?  I haven't seen them available separately  which is what has me thinking maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Offline Fsteve65

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #257 on: March 04, 2014, 01:09:30 AM »
Defiantly doing something wrong they have a video on UTube you might want to watch on changing the blade . I use a Headblade Sport and I use it everyday or every other day and have used the same adapter for over a year now .

Offline mike8675039

« Reply #258 on: March 05, 2014, 07:09:56 PM »
Defiantly doing something wrong they have a video on UTube you might want to watch on changing the blade . I use a Headblade Sport and I use it everyday or every other day and have used the same adapter for over a year now .

Found the video and yep, I didn't notice the bendy side and was probably just forcing it on the wrong side.  That would take care of snapping the clip.  not sure about the flexy part loosing flex.  I'll try to take care that it doesn't sit on the suspension.  I have a a grandchild that may have gotten a hold of it once and may have stressed that.

Thanks.

Offline DanJMag

• Sly Jr.
  • Balding sucks. Drop the 'ing' and be beautiful.
« Reply #259 on: April 17, 2014, 09:55:42 PM »
Hi All. New to this forum, but have been enjoying it and find it very helpful. I have been a head 'buzzer' for years. I always thought shaving the dome bald would just be a pain in the butt and didn't want to have to deal with that every morning. Little did I know that it would be very easy, totally enjoyable, and encourage a state of zen not seen outside of a monastery. So, (back on topic), my decision to take the plunge was prompted by my brief research into the HeadBlade ATX. I grabbed the bald by the horns and placed an order for the ATX as well as various HeadBlade products (pre- and post- shave). Well, in my impatience to get started I decided to shave it bald with a Mach 3 disposable (in the interim between HeadBlade order placement an order receipt). It was so much easier than I thought it would be, and I found using the tradition blade/handle configuration quite intuitive and natural. Since reading the various (and varying) posts regarding the HeadBlade, I have a bit of trepidation about moving from an oft-used shaving device (Mach 3) to a very different type (HB). I really hope I'll love it. I'm so anxious to try it!! Based on comments within this post, I will be sure to give it a fair chance, and give myself a reasonable amount of time to become accustomed. I will post a 'newbie' impression once I've tried it. Thanks to all posters!!!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #260 on: April 18, 2014, 06:02:09 AM »
Dan J Mag,

I'm a head blade fan.  The ATX does 'OK', but my favorite is the 'sport'. It's an older model. I feel like the ATX is a downgrade from the ATX.

The headblade does it's job very easily and intuitively. My shaving hand gets less tired. The shave is complete in less time than with a standard razor. And it's just fun. Like playing matchbox cars on your head.

If you really get into it, they have mugs, hoodies, decals, and coupons for $1 off. I carry these in my wallet and share them with guys who might be willing to give it a try.

You look great bald.  Nice beard.  have fun when the Head Blade arrives.

Offline DanJMag

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #261 on: April 18, 2014, 11:39:56 AM »
Thanks, mrzed! I look forward to giving it a shot. Tell me, what is it about the Sport model that you prefer over the ATX? If I end up not caring for the ATX, I'd like to know if the Sport model offers alternatives to those aspects of the ATX that I may not care for.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #262 on: April 19, 2014, 06:35:11 AM »
They both glide nicely over your head.  However, the sport just seems to give a closer shave. My head feels smoother. The ATX CAN get down close to the ears better. To shave against the grain, you need to start at the ear and move up. With the 'tail dragging style' of the ATX, you can get closer to the ear. But most of my head is not hampered by the need for a tail dragger. 

For some reason, the ATX, even though it has more blades ( i.e. more expensive), and seems to have more motion in the blade head, it just does not cut as close as the Sport model. 

Both are 'cute', but 'cute' does not make for a very close shave. I think this is the feeling of most of the other guys who prefer the Sport over the ATX.

Offline DanJMag

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #263 on: May 02, 2014, 11:58:52 AM »
Well, I've been using the HeadBlade ATX straight for a couple weeks now. Like many other posters, I have found that the back-to-front and front-to-back motion with the HeadBlade is very comfortable and effective; however this is not a great tool for around the ear. The enforced placement of the device, as it is worn, does not work comfortably around the ears. At least not with the particular grain of my hair in that area. I have also found that it really does not do that great a job. It takes quite a few passes before it gets smooth. This morning, I decided to go back to the Fusion Proglide for a change. I like it much better. I find it very comfortable and intuitive, and it gets my head much smoother, much faster, and I'm using a cartridge that's a couple weeks old. So, I still have 7 spare HB cartridges, and unless my opinion changes, I will not be purchasing more. On the other hand, I quite like the HeadShed, HeadSlick, ClearHead, and HeadLube products.

Offline Roatanguy

« Reply #264 on: June 21, 2014, 07:31:51 AM »
I have used a Headblade for many years, Started with the classic and moved up from there. I was using a Sport to travel and keeping the original S4 at home but now have an S4 eclipse to travel. I had used the 3 blade HB for years and was pleased but tried the 4 and like them more simply because if I miss a day or two they do not clog up as easily as the 3's although the taller height makes it a little trickier around the ears. I have not tried the ATX although I have one, I will someday but for now its push rather than pull
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 07:33:44 AM by Roatanguy »

Offline awkm4

« Reply #265 on: July 10, 2014, 12:01:41 PM »
Has anyone reconfigured the ATX to shave using the same pushing action as the older Headblade models? If so I'd be curious to know what you think.

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #266 on: July 10, 2014, 04:02:54 PM »
You can use the HB3 if you prefer those, but it's still a pull not push. Whichever blade you use on your ATX make sure the blades point towards the wheels.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline awkm4

« Reply #267 on: July 11, 2014, 08:08:00 AM »
Thank you. Last night I attached the sensor blade and was going to experiment with pushing but looking at the angle UI could see that the ATX is definitely designed for pulling.
I'm determined to really give the ATX a fair shot so I'll keep at it.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #268 on: July 11, 2014, 01:54:24 PM »
Best way i found to use the Headblade is to leave it on the shelf!! lol

Offline dadamod

« Reply #269 on: July 28, 2014, 07:40:59 PM »
I've been doing this wrong for so long! Can't wait to hop into the shower and shave!!!!!