Author Topic: What do YOU drive?  (Read 76513 times)

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: What do YOU drive?
« Reply #180 on: August 15, 2015, 12:19:55 PM »
Black one is a 1992 Jeep YJ minor modifications(recently sold), Green one is a 1998 Jeep TJ with 4.5" suspension lift, Adjustable suspension links, Slip yoke eliminator kit with double cardan drive shaft, 33"tires and it's my daily driver. Orange one is a 2012 Jeep JK unlimited, all stock but soon to get a supercharger, we use it to pull our 19' trailer and it's my wife's daily driver.

All very sweet!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #181 on: August 18, 2015, 11:34:18 AM »
Sold the 67 Mustang, here is the replacement, 39 Ford coupe.

Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #182 on: August 18, 2015, 05:02:15 PM »
Sold the 67 Mustang, here is the replacement, 39 Ford coupe.

Sweet ... How much is original?  My cousins had a 1940 Packard as transportation from their wedding to the reception. 

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #183 on: August 18, 2015, 06:58:17 PM »
Not much original but the body. Has a 350 Chevy engine.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #184 on: August 19, 2015, 08:29:58 AM »

My 89 Eldorado and my new Cadillac

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 08:35:20 AM by mangosink12572 »

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #185 on: February 19, 2016, 01:26:50 PM »
I drive a pretty boring car compared to what i see some of you drive. Its a toyota corolla, fully loaded yes, so i enjoy it, but if only i could afford it, i would have the corolla for day to day driving, and an older convertible muscle car of some sort, preferably a early mustang, or a 71 'cuda for when i go someplace i want to be noticed.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #186 on: March 23, 2017, 11:06:44 AM »
Gave up all the expensive toys in America. Now, looking at buying another car.

What do you guys think?

Citroën C1/Toyota Ayego (open top), or Kia Picanto?

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2017, 05:32:05 AM »
OK... those were ALL  too frickin' small!

Went with this, instead!

3.6 ltr/100km (65mpg).

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #188 on: June 03, 2017, 11:04:47 PM »
I had an amazing Infiniti QX4, 1998 model.  My father bought it right before he died, and I got to drive it to school once or twice.  It had maybe 10,000 miles on it when I finally inherited it as an adult.

My husband was driving to the drug store, stopped at a new stoplight, and got rear-ended by a guy who was texting and didn't realize the new light had been installed.  He was going 50 mph.  My husband thankfully was okay after a concussion, but the car was scrap.

Now I have a Volvo V90.  It's a nice ride, and it's nice having the third row since we're planning on kids, but the 4WD is a disaster.  Our driveway is on a slight slope so that to exit you have to go uphill (VERY minor!) and my husband tried to get up with normal acceleration, then failed.  Then he gunned it to get up once, slid back, and rear ended our damn house.  Generally Volvo is a good manufacturer but this one I think is a bit iffy.  We lost a brake light and have a little dark blue blemish on our siding (there was a ton of snow and hedges between them, thankfully).  We've taken it to four mechanics to fix and no dice.

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2020, 05:41:47 PM »
I drive a pretty boring car compared to what i see some of you drive. Its a toyota corolla, fully loaded yes, so i enjoy it, but if only i could afford it, i would have the corolla for day to day driving, and an older convertible muscle car of some sort, preferably a early mustang, or a 71 'cuda for when i go someplace i want to be noticed.

Since I posted this I have replaced that car with two more interesting models. I currently drive an 08 subaru legacy,  and also own an 06 Honda civic couple, which my partner drives. Both are in excellent condition, other than the Honda suffers from bad paintwork

Bald by chioce, never going back