Author Topic: New man  (Read 7274 times)

Offline HeadsUp

• Learning the way of Sly
New man
« on: April 19, 2017, 05:40:49 AM »
I'm feeling like a bitch and I've taken a load of pics. I'm moving abroad and wanting to be a new person - I keep looking at these pictures thinking that I look like a bag of dog crap. I just turned 30, balding and always got bullied at school for looking like a freak. I'm wanting surgery. Everything is out of proportion.

I'm moaning, I know, but I'm feeling like I gotta find some resolve here. So many things!!! I just wanna look good in a suit and make sh*t happen. 1st world problems but this is the 1st world...

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: New man
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 11:17:12 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry that you're so down on yourself.  You sesm like a solid guy...yes you're balding, but who here isn't?  If moving abroad helps you get the fresh start that you need, go for it. Best of luck to you.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 02:39:51 PM »
First:  Give me a break!  You are young, you look healthy, you are very good looking, you have beautiful clear skin and a great shaped head. 

Second:  You would look better if you took a proper razor to that noggin.  The buzz cut just makes the the thinning portion of your scalp that much more noticeable. 

Third:  You can regrow that beard if you want to - but you certainly don't have to because you will look so good once you properly shave your head.

Fourth:  Beware "geographic cures".  They never work because wherever you go; you take "you" with you!  You need to work on your attitude and outlook on life in general before you make any other major changes in your life.  After all like the super hero Buckaroo Banzai always says; "No matter where you go - there you are!"

In my experience, the best way to get out of my own sh*t is to go do some volunteer work for someone else.  It always makes me feel humble and I get a real "gratitude attack".

Offline Conservator

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 03:34:24 PM »
I agree with what was said above.  You are down on yourself for no reason.  Shave your head properly and your look would be classic. 
I'm not bald I'm follicly challenged.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 04:42:53 PM »
Welcome
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 04:30:24 AM »
I like the idea of volunteering for  something. Perhaps a rescue mission or food pantry?  A place where you can help those who are down and out.  See how good you have it!  When you are helping other people you spend less time looking at yourself.

If you don't have some close friends to hang out with, work hard at finding some.  This is HARD WORK.  Finding a friend and being a friend is not easy.  It takes time. But is very rewarding.  Great help with self image.

I shave my head, partly, to encourage those who are balding and have less of a choice.  Just look around you and see how many guys are balding.  Beat the balding to the punch.  Break out the razor or headblade and keep your head shaved. It's a great hairstyle. Looks sharp, always neat and trim.  Your beard looks great, typically of guys who bald early.  It'd suggest it's a keeper.

Bald head and thick beard. Great look.

Offline TheodorusRex

• Sly Jr.
  • Each moment is a place you've never been before.
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 05:50:35 AM »
Dude, shave it already - what are you waiting for???  Embrace it, own it, rip it limb from limb...  Stop feeling for sorry for yourself - embrace some tough love and kick your self esteem in the ass.  Jump start it.   We all have insecurities - what matters most is how you over come them.  Liberate yourself...!   Shave that scalp and start enjoying this new chapter...
Started shaving November 25th, 2016

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 10:22:22 PM »
You look great with the beard... that +  a razor shaved head, would look great on you.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 09:03:48 AM »
Ok man; it is time for some feedback from you! 

1.  did you shave that Noggin?

2.  Did you feel that testosterone rush when you did it?

3.  Don't you have just a bit more self confidence now?

4.  Pics - or it didn't happen!