Author Topic: Need advice on securing hairpiece  (Read 3408 times)

Offline TruthyTruth

• Learning the way of Sly
Need advice on securing hairpiece
« on: December 20, 2016, 11:23:56 AM »
Hi. I'm new to the forum, and joined because I have finally gotten so tired of my hair loss at a young age that I'm now moving to hairpieces because everything else failed to satisfy my expectations.

I've already gone through the process of color matching, finding a nice style, finding hairpieces that look completely natural, getting unbiased and forthright feedback from people I trust, and have worn them in public. What I need now though is some advice on securing it.

One of the issues I deal with is that on occasion the back slides up and once in a while the front slides down slightly. Clips can work on preventing the back from sliding, and I am now going to try wig tape to secure the front. What I would like to get advice on is whether or not shaving some or all of my remaining hair and using the wig tape on the scalp is the best way to secure the hairpiece?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: For those who are curious, yes, I've tried the 30-day rule. Didn't work for me. So now I'm on to the next step  :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 11:40:07 AM by TruthyTruth »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Need advice on securing hairpiece
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 11:28:22 AM »
Some of the guys that used to wear a hair piece might be able to help. Have you heard about our 30 day rule?

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline TruthyTruth

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 11:33:31 AM »
Yes, and I actually tried it, but the feedback I got was that a bald head does not suit me. My head has an odd shape to it. That's included in my statement about having tried other things but none of them suiting my expectations. I've tried colored hairsprays, shaved head, different combing styles, and none of them suited me. This is why I'm moving to hairpieces now. There are plenty of guys who are comfortable being bald, but I'm not one of them. The best place to go is a forum where there are people who know what it's like, right?  :)

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 01:38:54 PM »
I would think from where you got fitted for your hairpiece would be informative. What have they recommended  ?
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 03:26:15 PM »
I'm probably wrong but my first thought when I read the initial post was that one of the members picked up an AKA and was joshing with us.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 03:38:37 PM »
This is the wrong place for the kind of info you are seeking.  Ask the people who sold you the piece how to secure it.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 07:56:25 PM »
I agree witn RazorX.  you are in the wrong place.
Roger

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 03:29:49 AM »
Wishing you the best in whatever you decide, sadly, I don't know anyone who has had a hairpiece fitting. I may be in the minority here, but I'm going to give you a little credit for at least not getting a hair transplant and butchering your head. Maybe check out some YouTube videos?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline TheodorusRex

• Sly Jr.
  • Each moment is a place you've never been before.
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 06:13:43 AM »
Wrong place brother... Get that rat nest off your head and try a radical self acceptance technique...  Grow some balls and stop complaining...  That thing will only embarrass you and destroy your confidence...

-T
Started shaving November 25th, 2016

Offline Lew

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 06:28:17 AM »
I was a member of HCM for 15 years until I embraced my baldness this past May.  There was a product my former stylist used called Polyfuse that securely attached the system to my scalp.  It worked wonders for me, especially since my scalp is not oily and I don't sweat easily.  You can do a Google search and find out all kinds of useful information on Polyfuse; it is the best product out there in my opinion.