Author Topic: Does this product even exist?  (Read 11751 times)

Offline PhriendOfChrist

• Sly Guy in Training
Does this product even exist?
« on: March 13, 2007, 02:40:36 AM »
Alright, I'm planning on going "baldy" within a few weeks.

I've seen some of the "HeadBlade" products, but I'm also convinced that no human on Earth can actually afford them.

That being said, I'm looking for a moisturizer with sunscreen (that won't clog my pores) and that will keep my head shiny.  You know, like an all-in-one thingy.

Does such a product exist?   :-\

(Ummm....and how on Earth do I know which products will clog pores and which ones won't???)

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
Re: Does this product even exist?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 03:44:47 AM »
POC, welcome to the boards! You've made an excellent choice in going sly.  O0

When I started using my HeadBlade and their fine products I spent a one time razor purchase of $15. I spend $7 every 2 months for blades*, $9 every 2 months for HeadSlick shaving cream**, $9 every 2 months for HeadShed scalp exfoliator and $9 every 2 months for HeadLube Lotion***.

So my start cost for shaving and head care would be:

7 + 9 + 9 ÷ 2 = 12.50 + 15 = $27.50

and a monthly upkeep of:

7 + 9 + 9 +9 ÷ 2 = $17.00

So, overall...that's not expensive beyond reason...and I'm a starving musician (lol). Seriously though, HB stuff is pretty comparably priced to most other brand name head care products on the market.

HeadLube is specially formulated for your scalp! It won't clog your pores and comes in both Glossy and Matte finish. It's not a sunscreen, but hey, nothigns perfect right?

Good luck in your quest for an all-in-one scapl finishing product.

* HeadBlade razors use the Gillette Atra blade for replacement. I have found that nearly every major grocery store chain offers it’s own in house knock off brand of Gillette Atra blades. They sell for about $7 for 8 blades. Shaving both my head and face with the HB I go through about 1 blade per week. That’s 8 weeks (2 months) per pack on average. Since this expense is every 2 months rather than monthly, I had to divide the cost by 2.

**A single 8oz. Bottle of HeadSlick, HeadShed & Headlube shaving lasts me about 2 months. Since it takes 2 months to use it up I have to divide the cost by 2, for a per month analysis.
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 04:22:32 AM »
Welcome to SBG's Phriend.  Glad to have you with us.  Vash is right, the overall cost is not out of line for what you might pay for your normal hygienic care (normal shave gel, blades, shampoo, conditioners, etc. ) As for problem with pores, I have rather oily skin which can react badly to some products and with the HeadSlick I have had no problems.  Using the ClearHead in conjuction with that I get no clogged pores or skin outbreaks.  Hope this helps a little.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 05:11:27 AM »
POC, welcome to the boards! You've made an excellent choice in going sly.  O0

When I started using my HeadBlade and their fine products I spent a one time razor purchase of $15. I spend $7 every 2 months for blades*, $9 every 2 months for HeadSlick shaving cream**, $9 every 2 months for HeadShed scalp exfoliator and $9 every 2 months for HeadLube Lotion***.

So my start cost for shaving and head care would be:

7 + 9 + 9 ÷ 2 = 12.50 + 15 = $27.50

and a monthly upkeep of:

7 + 9 + 9 +9 ÷ 2 = $17.00

So, overall...that's not expensive beyond reason...and I'm a starving musician (lol). Seriously though, HB stuff is pretty comparably priced to most other brand name head care products on the market.

HeadLube is specially formulated for your scalp! It won't clog your pores and comes in both Glossy and Matte finish. It's not a sunscreen, but hey, nothigns perfect right?

Good luck in your quest for an all-in-one scapl finishing product.

* HeadBlade razors use the Gillette Atra blade for replacement. I have found that nearly every major grocery store chain offers it’s own in house knock off brand of Gillette Atra blades. They sell for about $7 for 8 blades. Shaving both my head and face with the HB I go through about 1 blade per week. That’s 8 weeks (2 months) per pack on average. Since this expense is every 2 months rather than monthly, I had to divide the cost by 2.

**A single 8oz. Bottle of HeadSlick, HeadShed & Headlube shaving lasts me about 2 months. Since it takes 2 months to use it up I have to divide the cost by 2, for a per month analysis.
Wow good post Vash, I think that you prety much sumed it all up, there is realy nothing left to say, accept to agree with you 100%.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 06:43:49 AM »
Like Paul, I also have oily skin and also suffered from a severe case of dandruff (hereditary thing). Since I have been shaving my head (using HeadBlade products almost exclusively), my scalp has never been healthier and have not had ANY recurrance of my severe dandruff (sebhorric dermatitis). I'm not sure if different products would yield the same excellent results, but IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT.

HeadBlade products rock (HeadSlick, HB Razor, and HeadLube) and are competitively priced.
Peace,
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 07:10:52 AM »
Welcome Phriend, I'm a hardcore HeadBlade fan also. I agree with the others, when you put the price and value of the product in the equation it's a no-brainer personally.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

jusbnme

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 09:38:29 AM »
I'm in agreement with most of the other sly bros. here. I'm a recently converted HeadBlader. I love this blade and all of it's products.  When I first started shaving the dome I was using the Nivea for Men products. They had a really good sensitive shave gel and a after shave balm(lotion). They both stated no alcohol(which would help keep the drying down) and that they would not clog pores.  I found they worked pretty good. The shave gel lathers very well with just a little dab. Afterwards I would rinse with cold water and apply the sensitive balm which has things in it to calm the skin. My razor of choice with all of this was a Mach 3. A lot of people have posted that this razor has worked well for them. It was just okay for me. It did the job pretty good but it just never seemed to get as close as I wanted it to get. When I first gave the HeadBlade a try I wasn't sold right away. I nicked myself a few times and it seemed too awkward around my ears. So I went back to the usually routine.  But after joining this forum and hearing all the great success people were having from it I gave it another shot. I was more patient this time round. I'll never use anything else. It's the closest shave, even with the grain, that I have ever had. The HeadSlick is a great lubricant and the HeadLube that you apply as an aftershave lotion is great for the skin. None of the HB products will clog your pores. From what I've added up the basic costs each month for the HB products are around the same, if not less, than using another method. Just as Vash stated. In my opinion I would go with the HeadBlade. If you do make sure to be patient and give it some time. But go with whatever works for you and keeps you Sly.  O0

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 12:04:27 PM »
That being said, I'm looking for a moisturizer with sunscreen (that won't clog my pores) and that will keep my head shiny.  You know, like an all-in-one thingy.

Does such a product exist?   :-\

The two that I use are Tolsom with SPF 15 (http://www.shoptandm.com and Matte for Men with SPF 25 (http://www.matteformen.com).  Though, both of these are going to run you over $20 per tube, but each tube can last acout 2 months from my experience.  Matte for men is more of a Matte look, but it's the only lotion designed for the head that I've found that has an SPF greater than 15.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 01:59:11 PM »
doesnt headlube have a SPF of 15?
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 02:23:39 PM »
doesnt headlube have a SPF of 15?

Yep.  It's something you would apply after applying HeadLube.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 02:43:36 PM »
no..no..i meant doesnt headlube have SPF 15 in it already....i'm guessing it doesnt now...

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 03:17:51 PM »
no..no..i meant doesnt headlube have SPF 15 in it already....i'm guessing it doesnt now...

No, there's no SPF in it.  I wish there was considering it's cheaper than the other stuff that I use.

jusbnme

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 04:17:19 PM »
I don't know if ya'll know yet or not but HeadBlade offers a sunscreen called HeadShade that comes in a 4oz. spray pump.  It has SPF 15 in it.  I think it's somewhere around $15.  I'm thinking of trying that out this summer.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 04:29:21 PM »
I don't know if ya'll know yet or not but HeadBlade offers a sunscreen called HeadShade that comes in a 4oz. spray pump.  It has SPF 15 in it.  I think it's somewhere around $15.  I'm thinking of trying that out this summer.

Yeah, I just saw that today Lance for the first time in the Walgreens store.  Didn't catch the price on it though.  I don't normally worry about sunscreen as I tan right up with little burn, but I'll check out the price tomorrow. Gotta be good, its made by Headblade
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 04:32:29 PM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 04:30:33 PM »
whew cool thanks....dang here i was thinkin headlube had spf 15 in it..glad i didnt decide to test it out lol..you havent had a sunburn until you've baked your head!

i bought the matte for men..havent used it yet ..been saving it for hot weather...but i'll also be finding me some SPF 50 for the summer...i spend alot of time boating/fishing...what sucks is now i'll have weird tan lines on my head where my cap sits...atleast my horseshoe hairdo prevented that lol