Author Topic: The great head shape debate!  (Read 218644 times)

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
Re: The great head shape debate!
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2008, 04:02:33 PM »
IRDSM: What do you mean by flat head shape? That's the perfect headshape for shaving... like a lightbulb or something, curvy and all.

I can feel  how my confident is growing  :D

William from Sweden.

I'm from Finland. Us Scandinavians are thoroughly f**ked when it comes to genes that cause hairloss.

You don't look remotely bald, and it kind of gets me angry when you whine about it, especially considering I myself am only 18 and barely have any hair on my head, so if anyone gets ti bitch about being bald I think it's the balding kid, ie, me.   :XX

I'm very thin on top and it has mostly gone during the last 2 years... so it's been kinda rapid.

Offline IRDSM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2008, 05:12:28 PM »
hey guys! Don't I get a say in whats wrong with my head? It's my head and I say it's too flat dang it! :Xo!

lol

I'm very thin on top and it has mostly gone during the last 2 years... so it's been kinda rapid.

Sorry I started a whole new round of raggin on ya with me post, but since it's started I think I get to take a crack too!  >:D

You think 2 years is rapid? These were taken 3 hours apart!

You saw my pics from yesterday. I look way better in black. White isn't quite as good with this smoooooth cap. Pic from today.

Glarin'!

I realize that my balding is more voluntary than yours, but you've had 2 years to deal with it. Your hair is dead, buried and rotting. get over it! Now, I have a friend who has a bit of a caustic personality, and if he could give you some advice, he'd say "Do it f****t!".  It may not be polite, but I think he has a point. DO IT!

Dan

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2008, 05:31:58 PM »
Dan, The pics look awesome, but you are wrong... your headshape is perfect, and your ears don't stick out.  But as was already said, you are the man and have an incredibly confident attitude.  I wish I would have had your attitude when I was your age.  Go conquer the world.  YepYep, I think you can learn something from Dan.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline IRDSM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2008, 06:21:00 PM »
Dan, The pics look awesome, but you are wrong... your headshape is perfect, and your ears don't stick out.  But as was already said, you are the man and have an incredibly confident attitude.  I wish I would have had your attitude when I was your age.  Go conquer the world.  YepYep, I think you can learn something from Dan.
DAMN! I knew my ploy to make myself seem anything less than perfect would be a complete failure, no matter how ingenious it was *sigh*

:*))

Dan

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2008, 11:53:05 AM »

I think that, as a naturally bald man(?), you do realize how much easier it is to be "bald by choice" than naturally bald. If you don't like being bald anymore, you can just grow it back! If you get negative feedback, just grow it back!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2008, 12:43:48 PM »
If you get negative feedback, just grow it back!

No, you don't base these decsions on what other people think.  You base them on what YOU want. 

And actually, guys with MPB have it easier in a way because they don't have to answer the question "Why did you shave your head?" a thousand times a day.

Offline IRDSM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2008, 01:06:14 PM »

I think that, as a naturally bald man(?), you do realize how much easier it is to be "bald by choice" than naturally bald. If you don't like being bald anymore, you can just grow it back! If you get negative feedback, just grow it back!

The feedbak *doesn't* matter. Honestly, outside this forum I have not gotten a single non-sarcastic compliment. And the forum is too supportive to tell you that you look like crap if you do. I haven't gotten a single "it looks good, really" or "it suits you". Most people who comment on it look at it like a joke. And even my mom hates bald heads. But I feel good. I feel confident, and I can feel the way I subconsciously walk taller, and I don't look down any more when I'm walking. I walk straight, and look straight. I see people snickering here and there, or staring, and I just smirk and know that I feel good. And while no one says anything, I can see the girls admiring and feel their eyes. They may not say it, but I know that some of the guys feel threatened and I know that the girls like it.

I know it's cliche', but the confidence that you get (especially if you feel like crap from balding, I hear) from taking control of the way you look really does cover up any negative aspects you may have. You could have a lumpy, scarred up head but I think if you were confident it'd still make you look great. When your balding you can probably feel the hair slipping out, feel your confidence drain each day, feeling that you look worse and worse. Maybe, for you, it is a one way street, but is it really any better sitting there worrying about how bad you must look with a balding spot on your head? Shaving is quick, and it has a very psychological effect. When you shave your head everyone *knows* you did it on purpose, and it makes them think you must be in control and be a winner. Whereas balding gives them the impression of a rotting fruit: Just sitting there helplessly, trying in vain to grow it back or trying to cover it up in vain.

Dan

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2008, 01:26:33 PM »

I know it's cliche', but the confidence that you get (especially if you feel like crap from balding, I hear) from taking control of the way you look really does cover up any negative aspects you may have. You could have a lumpy, scarred up head but I think if you were confident it'd still make you look great. When your balding you can probably feel the hair slipping out, feel your confidence drain each day, feeling that you look worse and worse. Maybe, for you, it is a one way street, but is it really any better sitting there worrying about how bad you must look with a balding spot on your head? Shaving is quick, and it has a very psychological effect. When you shave your head everyone *knows* you did it on purpose, and it makes them think you must be in control and be a winner. Whereas balding gives them the impression of a rotting fruit: Just sitting there helplessly, trying in vain to grow it back or trying to cover it up in vain.

Dan

The confidence comes from knowing you had the balls to shave it all off, because YOU wanted to, regardless of what anyone else thinks.   Added to that is the relief from knowing that you no longer have to watch your hair falling out little by little.

Either way, if you have MPB, you're going to end up bald.  You don't have to be thrilled about the prospect, but you do have to accept it.  Agonizing over it endlessly is not productive and won't change anything except to make you more miserable.  Once the hair is shaved off, it's over and you can finally move on.

One final thought:  when was the last time you saw a guy with a shaved head and thought he'd look really great if only he had a horseshoe of hair growing around the sides and back of his head?   ???

BALDANDRE

« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2008, 02:34:12 PM »
D@mn Dan you ARE meant to be bald brutha...

you are like a wise, old bald monk on life....

You have a great SLY attitude bro...I'm glad to have you around this place! O0

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2008, 02:57:13 PM »
If you get negative feedback, just grow it back!

No, you don't base these decsions on what other people think.  You base them on what YOU want. 

And actually, guys with MPB have it easier in a way because they don't have to answer the question "Why did you shave your head?" a thousand times a day.

Yeah, I agree.  Sometimes I find myself wishing I WAS naturally bald - then no one would keep on asking WHY I shave it, WHEN I'm gonna grow it back, etc etc.. >:(

Offline TravMan014

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2008, 01:33:55 PM »
The one big thing that always stopped me from shaving earlier (been doing it a year now), is that I have a ridge on the top of my head that is very similar to Jason Taylor, who, like Andre said, really does have that ridge (as do Kelly Slater, Freddie Ljungberg, and David Beckham).

And you know what I've figured out in the last year??? It really doesn't matter. It hasn't hurt me one bit in any aspect of my life, whether at work or with the ladies.

I'll post a profile pic once I get the cord for my new phone to transfer files to my computer.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2008, 10:55:16 PM »
The one big thing that always stopped me from shaving earlier (been doing it a year now), is that I have a ridge on the top of my head that is very similar to Jason Taylor, who, like Andre said, really does have that ridge (as do Kelly Slater, Freddie Ljungberg, and David Beckham).

Exactly...and all those dudes are 1000% better looking than me (I'm sure Travman has me beat too ;))...

chicks don't look at a head shape or bump...it's all in the smile and a nice looking face bro's...AND CONFIDENCE!!!

Do not worry about headshape...

I have a "perfect shaped" head...and  THAT hasn't gotten me one friggin' extra look or date back in the day, I'm sure!

Offline Big Boss

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2008, 07:11:54 PM »

William from Sweden.

I'm from Finland. Us Scandinavians are thoroughly f**ked when it comes to genes that cause hairloss.

You don't look remotely bald, and it kind of gets me angry when you whine about it, especially considering I myself am only 18 and barely have any hair on my head, so if anyone gets ti bitch about being bald I think it's the balding kid, ie, me.   :XX

I agree all the way, BB. I have commented on his (yep yep)whining in the past myself and I usually ignore it. But enough already. Make a darn decision and get yourself together. Man up and grab your supposed sac and do something about it! Enough of your BS.

O0

IRDSM: What do you mean by flat head shape? That's the perfect headshape for shaving... like a lightbulb or something, curvy and all.

William from Sweden.

well, your hair looks perfectly normal and full from every picture I've ever seen of your head, unless the pictures you post are 5 years old or something.  Again, your head is full of hair, you should see my head, and maybe you wont whine so much.  like I said before I'm only 18 and I've been balding since I was about 15, can you imagine how that makes me feel?  Believe me it hurts, a lot, but there's no use in whining about it to other people, they cant do anything about it and really neither can you, I can understand feeling bad about it, and believe me I did, and I still do, like I said, it hurts a lot, especially to be so young, but putting yourself down as much as you do only makes you look like a sympathy whore, and that not gonna make you any friends or bring your apparently sheded hair back, and whining via the internet is even worse, so grow up.  Also, like i said, it hurts when you lose your hair, but what makes it worse is when someone with a full head of hair (you) whines about hairloss that doesn't seem to exist, especially around people that actually are bald/balding (me and lots of other people).

sorry if that came off preachy/assholey, to anyone especially the mods  :-\

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2008, 10:41:23 AM »
That really came out as assholey, don't worry about that. You're not even worthy a debate after that triumphant entrance to this discussion.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2008, 11:33:20 AM »
That really came out as assholey, don't worry about that. You're not even worthy a debate after that triumphant entrance to this discussion.

You know what they say about people who live in glass houses? 

Enter your email address: