Author Topic: Electric vs blade (again!)  (Read 9120 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Electric vs blade (again!)
« on: January 07, 2007, 06:36:50 AM »
For those of you who shave with an electric razor, which brand/model do you use?

I overheard a conversation in the gym locker room the other day.  A guy was standing at the sink shaving his head, when a second guy who also had a shaved head, came in and started talking to him about it.  I only picked up bits and pieces of the conversation.   The second guy is a typical gym rat; no matter what time of the day I go to the gym, he always seems to be there.  He's a great ambassador for the BBC look; his head is always perfectly smooth without a hint of stubble.  So it came as a great surprise to me to hear that he shaves his head every day with an electric razor.  He said that he grew tired of the nicks and cuts from using a blade.  I didn't think it was possible to get such good results with an electric razor.  I didn't catch what model he uses, but I was so impressed with the results, I comptemplated switching to an electric.   The only thing that stopped me was when he said it takes him a good 30 minutes to shave.   I don't have that kind of time to spend shaving my head every day; it would probably take me longer because I have more hair than this guy appears to have.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Electric vs blade (again!)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 06:51:35 AM »

...I didn't think it was possible to get such good results with an electric razor. 

I too would be interested in a re-visit of this topic. 

Now that I've been shaving my face for 25 years or so, I've always opted for the foam and razor approach over the electric.

Wondering if it's the same on the noggin.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 11:31:45 AM »
I actually pulled out the electric earlier this week because I didn't have time to shave in the shower, if that makes sense...I used my electric to shave my head while I was in the car.

I was amazed at how close of shave it gave me.  I use the Norelco Cool Skin 7700.  It can be used in our out of the shower.

When I used to shave my head on a regular basis with the electric it would take me about 15 to 20 min, but you can do it anywhere.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 12:25:29 PM »
For a while I used the Braun self clean one.  This was like 4 years ago, so it is not the current on the market.  It actually did work well and left everything supper smooth.  Yes, shaving time was significantly longer, but okay, because shaving the head was so easy and convenient.  It could be done anywhere during anything. 
I stopped using electric when the foil guard on the razor wore down and stated to pull hair instead of cut.  I couldn't replace just the broken guard and wasn't about to buy a new elect razor.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Sticks

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 07:57:02 AM »
I think it's the whole blade/shaving cream thing that keeps me from going down to the wood. I use hair clippers with no attachment. So basically I'm a stubble jumper.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 08:02:59 AM »
Welcome, Sticks! .... hope you can join us a bit

Cool profile pic!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 08:41:26 AM »
I think it's the whole blade/shaving cream thing that keeps me from going down to the wood. I use hair clippers with no attachment. So basically I'm a stubble jumper.

LMAO...stubble jumper...lol
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 08:50:51 AM »

LMAO...stubble jumper...lol

That would be a cool name for a band...."The Stubble Jumpers"

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 09:07:52 AM »
lol...my friend and I are kickin around "Steak n Taterz" or something like it
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 09:32:43 AM »
Welcome Sticks!! That's how I started doing my hair when I decided to get rid of it.  Eventually, I got curious what it would be like to have slick dome.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 11:39:10 AM »
Welcome to the group, Sticks!  Nice avatar.  Is it a hobby?  Do you prefer people, landscapes or animals?

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 01:29:19 PM »
 Do you prefer people, landscapes or animals?

....or tig bitties?

tig bitties are sofa king cool.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 01:31:54 PM »
I see Rob's loss of hair has allowed testosterone for functions he has not had in a while. ;) :P

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 01:33:47 PM »
I see Rob's loss of hair has allowed testosterone for functions he has not had in a while. ;) :P

LOL....maybe there was a bunch of prude conservatism attached to them follicles!!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 01:43:50 PM »
I was debating posting back.  but thought it was just my pop up blocker or something.  It is a good article.