Author Topic: How Often ought I shave my head to keep the "bald" style ?  (Read 102573 times)

Offline BigJeffrey

• Sly Jr.
Re: How Often ought I shave my head to keep the "bald" style ?
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2007, 11:18:20 PM »
I've found that if I shave against the grain I can go a couple of days between shaves.  The only problem is that when i shave against the grain i have some irritation.  If I shave with the grain I have to shave every day to keep it looking smooth but I have no problems with the skin.  This is the way I normally do it because it doesn't look too bad if i happen to miss a day and i can always make sure i'm clean and smooth if I plan to be sly and on the prowl one evening...lol

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2007, 08:59:15 AM »
Welcome to the group, bull! Is your name for the love of the animal or a Night Court reference?
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline jbw224

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2007, 01:08:08 PM »
Since I started shaving I have found that every other day is the norm for me....and now that I have gotten into a rhythm i do both the face and head same time.....and like some of the others being it has only been since august i still find my self stroking the dome to feel the smoothness and also to make sure i did not miss a spot......kids love it the wife is so so but then again she will be an ex soon so who cares....lol...

ChadinSO

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2007, 10:57:30 PM »
And don't forget, you'll get a much closer shave if you wait at least an hour after getting out of bed to slick your dome...

Why is this??!?!?!?

ChadinSO

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2007, 11:49:12 PM »

You the man!!!!   I'll wake up with some Starbucks THEN break out the blade!!   ;D

Thanks!

Chad

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2007, 12:33:19 AM »
That's great info to know!  How/where did you learn about that?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2007, 02:38:40 AM »
Well, I was forced to take physiology in med school...and I'm always glad when it comes in handy for something REALLY important....hehehehe!

Sweet!!  Sorry Noner, looks like we have a real doctor in the house now...though, you can still play one on TV.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Johnny

• Sly Finance Guy
  • Sly
    • NCompass Financial, LLC
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2007, 08:42:34 AM »
It has to do with gravity.

Now, when you shave later in the day - after you've been walking upright for awhile and the fluid has shifted toward the feet already - your scalp is thinner because it's not as full of fluid, so the hairs are cut closer to the root and you get a closer shave!

Ain't science cool??

So who will be the first to use the excuse, ......sorry I'm late for work, I had to let the fluid drain out of my brain to get a close shave, .....hey looky there, its lunch time, see you in an hour.

Thank goodness I work for myself. I'm may have to give it a whirl tomorrow morning.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2007, 08:47:40 AM »
Thank goodness I work for myself.

Amen, brutha....once you've tasted the flexibility and autonomy that self-employment offers.....I can't envision it any other way.

Offline Johnny

• Sly Finance Guy
  • Sly
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2007, 09:10:53 AM »

Amen, brutha....once you've tasted the flexibility and autonomy that self-employment offers.....I can't envision it any other way.

I've been on my own since Jan '04. I take the time I need to get work done, then it's my time. I work hard in the winter and play in the summer.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2007, 11:16:02 AM »
hey johnny! do you need an employee that enjoys time off as well? ha ha

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Hawk

• Sly
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2007, 11:29:56 AM »

You will never have a better boss than yourself.  Not to jinx it, but the other day I told my wife I don't know what I would do if I had to go back to work for a bank or a consulting firm again.  I wake up, work out, have a cup of joe and bkfst with the kids before school and then walk all of about 50 steps to my office.....LOL!  For 12 years I commuted for an hour each way to downtown Dallas.  BLAH!
Hawk
"I live life in the fast lane and my hair couldn't keep up"

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2007, 11:47:41 AM »
I take the time I need to get work done, then it's my time. I work hard in the winter and play in the summer.

Sounds like you could really bust yer ass, ratchet up the hours and make more if you wanted...but you choose to enjoy TIME to spend with family and stuff......I'm with that.

Offline Johnny

• Sly Finance Guy
  • Sly
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2007, 11:59:57 AM »
hey johnny! do you need an employee that enjoys time off as well? ha ha

Is she cute? ha, ha

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2007, 12:00:38 PM »

You will never have a better boss than yourself.  Not to jinx it, but the other day I told my wife I don't know what I would do if I had to go back to work for a bank or a consulting firm again.  I wake up, work out, have a cup of joe and bkfst with the kids before school and then walk all of about 50 steps to my office.....LOL!  For 12 years I commuted for an hour each way to downtown Dallas.  BLAH!

Yeah....that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Being an independent contractor for the last couple years has been sorta in between.  I'm ready to really spread my wings, now.   Spent the morning talking to who I need to to sever certain ties while maintaining others.

Boy, the forces--whether logistics,  attitude or down right nay-saying--are like swimming upstream.....all conspiring to say, "You can't pull this off on your own."  It's exhausting.  Did you have that, Hawk, when you were breaking out?  How'bout you, Johnny?