Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 623853 times)

Offline Conservator

• Sly Jr.
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #1335 on: November 29, 2016, 04:24:58 PM »
I use whatever double edge or single edge safety razor I am using on my face.  I have over 30 razors and use the same razor until I need to change the blade. Then I go to the next razor. 
I'm not bald I'm follicly challenged.

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #1336 on: November 30, 2016, 05:52:32 AM »
I use whatever double edge or single edge safety razor I am using on my face.  I have over 30 razors and use the same razor until I need to change the blade. Then I go to the next razor.

Awesome! In addition to my headblade I also use and collect safety razors.  Head over to the safety razor forums, say hi, and maybe post a shave of the day
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline DC

• DC
  • Sly
« Reply #1337 on: January 04, 2017, 09:39:41 PM »
Happy New Year SBG Family!

Unfortunately, I have to retire my Gillette. Although a good razor, sadly it's starting to show its 50 years.  :'(

However, I just purchased a Parker 24C three-piece open comb razor. I've been using Gillette Platinum blades with it and getting a baby-butt smooth head!  :@`  The open-comb design makes head shaving a breeze and gives me a clean dome.
“You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh.

Offline TheodorusRex

• Sly Jr.
  • Each moment is a place you've never been before.
« Reply #1338 on: January 05, 2017, 06:12:57 AM »
My Question is - how many uses do you typically get from your razor...?   After a week of shaving everyday - mine still seems pretty good...

-Theo
Started shaving November 25th, 2016

Offline DC

• DC
  • Sly
« Reply #1339 on: January 05, 2017, 04:32:46 PM »
My Question is - how many uses do you typically get from your razor...?   After a week of shaving everyday - mine still seems pretty good...

-Theo

I'd say about the same for me, sometimes a little longer depending on the blade and what I use.
“You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh.

Offline DC

• DC
  • Sly
« Reply #1340 on: July 08, 2017, 09:41:43 PM »
I went buzzed during the cold months.  However, I returned to Sly this past weekend.  O0

These days, I returned to my Gilette Fusion razor.  Unfortunately, I've been having issues with DE (much as I love it) not giving me the shave I want as well as donating blood in the bathroom.  Also, with having to get my son to camp and me to work, the Fusion has been the better shaver.

I also been using Cremo with much success.  However, I may treat myself to Art of Shaving, or soap since my birthday's approaching! O:O

Offline mon

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #1341 on: July 13, 2017, 11:27:05 PM »
I am using Gillette Fusion 5 to shave my head.
It always makes my head slippery.
I am satisfied, but I am worried that the price is high. (^ ^;;)

Offline Acmboarder

« Reply #1342 on: January 09, 2018, 11:31:54 AM »
Does anyone have any updates on the head blade or any other great shaving razors ideas....
I use a Mach 3 currently but go through a blade every week or so.... shaving every day or other day.... please help!

Offline Sri

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1343 on: January 12, 2018, 04:33:42 AM »
I largely alternate between cheap plastic DE razors and a shavette. Occasionally I use a disposable plastic Bic type razor.

I recently bought a real straight razor (as opposed to a shavette) and got it sharpened. I'm also planning to buy Wahl Balding Clippers. My plan is to use the clippers for most of the time and do a weekly twice shave with the straight.

I'll use the shavette while travelling. I'm not a big fan of the disposable and DE razors because they don't give me great leverage for the back and sides of the head. I also like the straight and shavette for the fact that I can straighten the beard out well.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 07:57:53 AM by Sri »

Offline el calvo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #1344 on: January 12, 2018, 12:34:58 PM »
my favorite ever

Offline Denis Fisher

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #1345 on: May 13, 2018, 09:16:25 PM »
Hey. I prefer the new version of Gillette fusion .

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #1346 on: June 30, 2018, 02:16:38 AM »
These days all I use is a straight razor, in late 2016 I got tired of shaving with the cartridges, I was uncomfortable using straights or DE’s, I grew my hair back but after a year of seeing a receding hairline, in early May I went to the barber and had it straight razored, I got suggestions on which straights to use, I completed a 30 day challenge of shaving my head with a straight, I’m completely comfortable shaving with a straight, I was speaking 50 Dollars every six weeks buying cartridges since they only Lasted  5 days. I have three straight razors that I rotate.

Offline jimbo47

« Reply #1347 on: September 16, 2018, 02:37:35 PM »
The Xtreme3 has been my favority razor for the past 8 years. 

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #1348 on: September 19, 2018, 01:04:02 PM »
I  hope toy are getting this now?
My e-mail address is:  mangosink12572@yahoo.com

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #1349 on: September 19, 2018, 01:55:13 PM »
Welcome back mangosink.  Some of the old crowd are still here.
Roger