Author Topic: Bad shaving rash not going away  (Read 3224 times)

Offline jarw90

• Learning the way of Sly
Bad shaving rash not going away
« on: July 09, 2017, 05:51:02 AM »
Hi,

I know there has been similar posts like this but I think my issue is a lot worse(although we all do tend to be self critical).
I've been shaving my head for over a year now but for the last month and a half I've noticed a huge what appears to be razor rash/weirdly arranged red marks on the back of my head which has never been there before. See picture below.

It can look worse depending on the light. I've tried not shaving for a week but it just remains the same.
Tried the aspirin in water trick, ice cubes and changed after shave balm.
Is there anything else I can do to get rid of it again?
I should mention it doesn't hurt or itch and I can't feel it being there, it just looks awful.

Thanks

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Bad shaving rash not going away
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 06:45:43 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

If it doesn't hurt and it doesn't itch, I'm willing to bet that is a case of "stork bite" Most people, especially guys, have it on the center nape of their neck in the "duck tail" area. It's just a slight discoloration of pigmentation, but nothing to be alarmed over. But, if you're OCD, you might look into getting some bleaching cream or maybe some concealer.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline jarw90

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 07:27:56 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply!

If it was stork bite would it not have been there since I started shaving my head or can shaving over time make it come out?

Unfortunately I am a bit OCD :( Is bleaching cream something I can just get off the shelf at a drug store?

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 08:18:33 AM »
It looks and sounds like a stork bite.  How visible it is, is influenced by temperature, so if you are in the south of the UK and  seeing the sun, that might be why it is visible now but wasnt visible before. 
It looks red because the blood vessesl close to the skin are dilated, a bleaching cream is not going to be the answer but concealer could work.  Alternatively dont worry about it, it's more obvious to you than it is to anyone else.

Offline jarw90

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 08:59:21 AM »
In the picture it appears lighter than it normally is.
I find the brighter the area the less noticeable it is.

Now that you mention it I have only started noticing it when the temperatures soared this summer. I'm moving back to Scotland soon anyway so I'll have no problems with warm weather there.

Thanks for the help guys.

As you said it's probably more obvious to me than anyone else so I'll just try to ignore it.
I rarely look at the back of my head anyway  ;D

Offline Themightyjuice

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 11:49:24 AM »
I have the very same kind of mark. I used to think it was razor burn at first till I noticed it every time I shaved my hair right down. It never seemed to change appearance. Then I remembered my son had the very same mark in the exact same place when he was born.... still does. Turns out it's a birth mark that I never knew I had till I shaved my head. Who knew?!