Author Topic: Bald by choice man struggling  (Read 24973 times)

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
Re: Bald by choice man struggling
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2017, 11:59:23 AM »
I have to say I find this thread very confusing? A haircut and let's face it when youshave hair and shave it off it's just a haircut (This whole BBC thing confuses me, and sometimes does sound slightly cult-like, to me it's just a haircut if it can come back). Struggling is a strong word, people struggle with their health of problems but a haircut??
I can understand someone struggling with losing their hair as there is no way back but other than that, it just feels a little dramatic. I found it hard when I decided my hair looked stupid and my forehead so large that having hair was not doing me any favours - now I just wish the rest of it would naff off.

We can't please everyone, so be true to yourself. I really don't see a hair cut as a lifestyle... sorry! 

This sums up my feelings perfectly. It's hair not an arm or a leg. Hair s completely irrelevant in the overall scheme of things.
Hair is over rated.

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2017, 08:03:50 AM »
Absent some skin condition , I dont understand bbc.  Seems like using a wheel chair for the hell of it

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2017, 10:49:44 AM »
Well Bill, I think it's just that people like different things. Although I am BBC and have a skin condition that goes away when I shave, shaving my head is a look I like. Before I shaved, I saw alot of guys with shaved heads and thought it looked great. Immediately after my first headshave, I liked the look and feel. I also grew to enjoy my daily headshave with a safety razor.

And yes, a shaved head is just another hairstyle, but one that requires a lot of maintenance. It takes a commitment to razor shave a head daily, along with the skincare routine. I laugh every time I read the having a shaved head saves you time and money.

So, as they say, different strokes for different folks.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2017, 11:53:23 AM »
I should have more correctly said absent a skin condition I don't get it.   The one positive Ive taken from it is a religious gym habbit in an attempt to build my upper body up to try and balance my freakishly large head....I'm pretty strong for a 47 year old man but I still look disproportionate

Offline lsflipper

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2017, 08:53:53 PM »
Like the Rick Nelson song Garden party, a line says, you can't please everyone so you gotta please yourself
Larry the bald guy

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2017, 08:23:15 AM »
@lsflipper true words!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2017, 09:47:59 AM »
I’m not bbc if I had a good head of hair I doubt if shaving would be my thing . But for those that do , that’s their choice for what ever reason. What  I think doesn’t matter , so shave on and enjoy.  O0
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline brannon67

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2017, 07:13:32 AM »
BBC, Bro, whats the deal. At least you have a choice. You have hair you can grow back. Look at us poor MPB guys, we cant grow back our hair. You BBC people can. Whats the struggle? I don't understand some of the BBC people on here, whining about should I be bald or grow my thick hair back. WOW! If only we MPB had that option. Give me a break.

Offline brannon67

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2017, 11:00:07 AM »
How about being harassed by people when you cant grow your hair back. Trying to explain that you don't want a sparse, stringy growth on the top of your head, so that's why I shave it down to the skin now. Its really hard for me to feel sorry for people who have a head full of hair and choose to shave it off(their choice, im not knocking that) and they cant cope with people saying stuff about it. Like I said, no sympathy. Try living life with no choices. BBC people have choices. Pick one. Have hair or shave it off, grow it back, don't grow it back. , style it, etc, or shave it all off. MPB guys don't, except for rugs, expensive hair restoration, etc. What a life us MPB guys have. Im telling you..... @c3

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2017, 09:26:42 PM »
How about being harassed by people when you cant grow your hair back. Trying to explain that you don't want a sparse, stringy growth on the top of your head, so that's why I shave it down to the skin now. Its really hard for me to feel sorry for people who have a head full of hair and choose to shave it off(their choice, im not knocking that) and they cant cope with people saying stuff about it. Like I said, no sympathy. Try living life with no choices. BBC people have choices. Pick one. Have hair or shave it off, grow it back, don't grow it back. , style it, etc, or shave it all off. MPB guys don't, except for rugs, expensive hair restoration, etc. What a life us MPB guys have. Im telling you..... @c3

Well, there are two ways to look at this...I do agree that people should not harass you because you decided to do something about your hairloss. However, while most men don't want to lose their hair, if hair loss is the worst thing to happen to you in life, you have it better than most. As for the BBC people, if shaving makes them happy, why do they need others' approval? As far as the MPB people, they do have a choice. Shave it or keep what you have left nice and neat. I have several MPB friends who elect to keep their fringes and it doesn't look bad. The novelty of shaving your head wouldn't be as fun if EVERY MPB man shaved his head anyway.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2017, 07:18:46 AM »
^^^good advice^^^
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Enter your email address: