Author Topic: A question for HeadBlade users (about the adapter)  (Read 2593 times)

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
A question for HeadBlade users (about the adapter)
« on: October 24, 2011, 07:11:26 AM »
I am a faithful HeadBlade user. I generally don't have many (if any) nicks or cuts with it. Right now I use the Atra double blades with it, though I have used Sensor doubles with it in the past.

Yesterday when I used it, it was a bloodbath, literally. No huge cuts but a lot of little spots where blood was starting to appear. I don't think it was due to the blade because it was a fresh blade from a pack I've been working through for the past month or so. My question is, do you think it could be due to the adapter needing to be changed? I honestly can't remember the last time I changed it, if I have at all. What is everyone's general mileage when it comes to the adapters?

Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Re: A question for HeadBlade users (about the adapter)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 07:54:41 AM »
Now that you mention it I suppose if the adaptor gets worn at the contact points with the cart you would experience some excessive play of the blades and blood loss might be the result. I never really thought about it. I always leave the same adaptor on until it breaks or I change to a different cart that requires the other adaptor.
Food for thought, though.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 07:56:51 AM »
I can not answer to your question, but I can say that today after I shaved, my dome was like hell, and it was because I didn't changed the blades of my Gillette Blue 3.
I never cut myself like ...big time, though :)
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 08:18:01 AM »
I have been using my yellow adapter for over a year now, must be around 14 months or so. I can't tell how and if a worn out adapter will affect your shave, I would inspect the blade properly. Even if it comes from a pack you have been using.....every blade is a single piece, and why couldn't there be a dummy in between? Even the slightest of defects on the blade can make your shave a bloody experience

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 10:55:39 AM »
I never use to change the adapter and had accumaletd about 4 or 5 when buying HB blades.

Then about2 years ago I changed it for the Hell of it because I had these extras lying around. Instantly better shave. I change mine about every 6 months now.

I think the plastic must just get fatigued.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 11:02:03 AM »

That's kind of what I'm thinking is happening. I have accumulated a few adapters as well. Time to switch it out and see if it helps.

Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 01:47:05 PM »

That's kind of what I'm thinking is happening. I have accumulated a few adapters as well. Time to switch it out and see if it helps.

Doug, would be great if you could post if you noticed any difference in your shave with the new adapter
Thanks

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 01:49:43 PM »
Doug, would be great if you could post if you noticed any difference in your shave with the new adapter

Will do!