Author Topic: Headshed use  (Read 9652 times)

RoachX

Re: Headshed use
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 03:52:59 PM »
Well there are these extremely tiny little hard blue balls in it, but they are so few i doubt they make a difference. For every dime sized (amount recommended in product instructions) there maybe between 4-8 of these tiny tiny things. Compared to the only other product i've tried (some nivea thing) which was like rubbing in light sandpaper, i don't think they really do anything.

Anyone know what i should look for in the ingredients list to tell if its a chemical process?

jusbnme

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 07:11:33 PM »
Yeah I bought some of the Neutrogena Razor Defense scrub, and some other Neutrogena products, before I had finally made the decision to be a hardcore HeadBlader.  It was when I still wasn't sold on the HeadBlade yet.  For me, I totally agree with what RoachX had to say about the face scrub.  It really didn't seem like it was doing anything at all for me.  My head and face felt clean afterwards but it didn't seem like it was doing anything at all as far as the exfoliating part goes.  There really wasn't much of anything in it to do any exfoliating.  Like RoachX said, there were these little tiny blue balls in there.  But if you got 6 to 8 of them in one little dime size squirt you were lucky.  I have really never used an exfoliater before that one so I really didn't have anything to compare it with but I knew it should have been doing a better job than what it was doing.  But I did get my first bottle of HeadShed in yesterday morning and used it last night.  So if I was to compare the HeadShed with the Neutro. face scrub I would have to say the Neutro. doesn't even come close to matching up.  Now I do have to give there other "Razor Defense" products a big thumbs up.  At the same time I bought the face scrub I also bought some Neutro. razor defense shave gel and razor defense aftershave lotionl.  I have to say that it was a nice shaving experience.  The gel lathered up really well and protected the dome better than any pre shave product I have ever used.  I was using my Mach 3 power razor to do the shave which I'm sure added to the good experience.  Afterwards I rinsed with cold water and applied a little witch hazel with a cotton ball.  Then applied the Neutro. Razor Defense aftershave lotion.  This was all against the grain too.  I usually have a problem going against the grain.  My head, as well as my face, felt great.  There was a little spot under my neck that stung a bit but I always have a problem under there.  But that even cleared up after a while.  But I'm a definite HeadBlader now.  But I do have to say that if I ever got tired of ordering the HeadBlade products through mail I would for sure go back to the Neutrogena Razor Defense method.  Minus the face scrub.  I would have to find something other for that. 

RoachX

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 07:52:19 PM »
I think i might try that witch hazel + aftershave combo on my face. Now that i'm starting to shave my head on a semi-regular basis i have to shave against the grain on my face to match (shaving with the grain i always have a crazy shadow even against the grain i have a light shadow) my head.

Doing so though usually leaves my face sore as hell, but this was before i did my research for headshaving. Before i decided to really get into headshaving i didn't really know much about shaving in general, how deal with/prevent burn etc. My routine was to pretty much avoid shaving when possible, other wise just wash face with soap, slap on shaving cream, shave, rinse (with warm water no less), slap on alcohol based aftershave and possibly use some moisturizer.

I am hoping with the new knowledge i've gained (and still gaining) from you guys i can get my whole face and head smooth and razor burn free.

Offline MC HammerHead

• "..I shouldn't have to tell you who I am...because who I am should be speaking for itself.."
  • Sly
  • Future's So Bright, Got To Wear Shades..and SPF 45
    • Downhillbillies
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 07:45:38 AM »
Well, I like the Headshed product a great deal myself and have found that it works good to use it before and after but I primarily use it after.  I always shave in the shower so I am not sure that it makes a great deal of difference on me to use it first. 

In addition to the Headshed I have been using the HeadClear right after shaving and I think the combination of the exfoliant and the other product make for a great smooth shave. 

I have also been using the Headshed on my face and it has helped there but WARNING: Don't get the sand paper grit in your eyes...that's not alot of fun!

MC HammerHead
Downhillbillies Skateboarding Organization
Woody's Halfpipe Board Shop Team
Pavel Skates Flow Team
Axe Army
Headblade Street Team
www.myspace.com/mchammerhead