Author Topic: Headshed use  (Read 9653 times)

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Headshed use
« on: March 15, 2007, 11:57:41 PM »
I know the directions say to use headshed BEFORE you shave to "help pick up and soften the hair"  to make you shave "easier and smoother"....but i think its a waste of product using it before you shave..here's my reasoning...

i use hot water and headslick or shaving cream/gel to soften my hair.....if that wont do it ..nothing else will.....i also noticed after i shaved and once my head dried there was dead skin on the egg...pretty much caused from the razor scraping across your skin during the shave...so i decided to use the headshed AFTER i shaved and i'm diggin the results. it really cleaned up all that dead skin and left it shiny and clean..... give it a try on your next shave and see if you notice a difference.

VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Headshed use
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 12:13:36 AM »
I use HeadShed first and then use an exfoliating cleanser after I shave.  I thought about using the HeadShed afterward, but it doesn't have the cleaning aspects that I'm looking for.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 05:22:41 AM »
I've always used the Head Shed both before and after my shave, I get way better results that way.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 06:05:03 AM »
I've used it both before and after, I like it, wish I could find it locally, I've ran out.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 07:04:28 AM »
I've used it both before and after, I like it, wish I could find it locally, I've ran out.

Me too, gonna have to order some soon
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 07:12:45 AM »
I hate spending the money for shipping for just one item, I'll wait until I can make a larger order.   :/O
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 12:18:57 PM »
I hate spending the money for shipping for just one item, I'll wait until I can make a larger order.   :/O

I hear ya, but I love the stuff and I need to order some.  I think I'll order a couple of bottles.  Thank goodness for the 20% discount code to cover the shipping costs.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

jusbnme

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 12:59:22 PM »
I use HeadShed first and then use an exfoliating cleanser after I shave.  I thought about using the HeadShed afterward, but it doesn't have the cleaning aspects that I'm looking for.

I should be getting my first bottle of HeadShed any day now.  I have heard great things about it as an exfoliater.  So Tyler, after the HeadShed, the HeadSlick, then the shave you also use a cleanser before the HeadLube?  Does that help het whatever skin you may have scratched up while shaving off the dome?  I'm just curious because I have never used an exfoliater before shaving.  The HeadShed will be my first.  But I also want some tips if there is something better to do in between the shave and the HeadLube. 

Also, does anyone else out there have a routine close to this one where you use a cleanser after the shave but before the HeadLube? 

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 01:06:17 PM »
hotwater,headslick or gel ,shave,headshed,cold water then headlube for me
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 02:16:47 PM »
I would have to stand behind the use of HeadShed before the shave, I mean, it gives me One hell of a shave and that is the only way that I have managed to stay smooth through the entire day into the evening.  I have noticed the same thing, the dead skin on the dome after the shave, but it has been going down since I have been using the HeadShed before the shave, and HeadSlick afterward.  I might give that a try for after the shave, but I don't know, I mean, I am pretty set in the routine of HeadShed, HeadSlick and Shave, Post-Shave Alcohol, followed up after with HeadLube Matte.  We'll See.
Peace

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 02:42:28 PM »
Does it give any directions on the Headshed container.?

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 02:53:18 PM »
No, all that it recommends is that you use it before you shave for a Better Shave.  I don't think that HeadBlade ever considered the possibilities of a Post Shave use, Not because its irrelivent, but just because it might have not of occured to them.
Peace

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 06:22:27 PM »
It's interesting, I was in Target today and they have a product called Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub that is similar to HeadShed in that it is an exfoliating scrub and they recommend using it prior to shaving. 

RoachX

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 03:04:55 PM »
Cause i can't find headshed over here i grabbed that razor defense stuff, don't really know much about exfoliators and stuff but it doesn't seam to have any rough scrubbing elements in it so I'm not sure how it works.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 03:06:51 PM »
Cause i can't find headshed over here i grabbed that razor defense stuff, don't really know much about exfoliators and stuff but it doesn't seam to have any rough scrubbing elements in it so I'm not sure how it works.
Hmmm, interesting.  They make it seem like it would have some kind of scrubbing element to it.