Author Topic: New razor head?  (Read 5496 times)

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
New razor head?
« on: March 03, 2007, 06:09:16 PM »
This is mostly for the headblade users, but I'm wondering how often you change the head on your razor? I use generic Atras, the Personna Auto Plus, and since they are so inexpensive, I change mine everyday.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: New razor head?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 06:22:21 PM »
two or three shaves each.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 07:15:06 PM »
I'm about the same as Paul, 3 is my max (I use the HeadBlade tripple)
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 07:36:00 PM »
This is mostly for the headblade users, but I'm wondering how often you change the head on your razor? I use generic Atras, the Personna Auto Plus, and since they are so inexpensive, I change mine everyday.

When I used generics, I would do three shaves and toss them.  With genuine Atras, usually a week, sometimes I lose track of how long its been on & toss it.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 09:09:13 PM »
Only had mine a week, still using the blade that came with it, so due for a change
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 09:09:47 PM »
I sometimes go a week before tossing them.  This was true with the HB Triples.  Sometimes I think I get a better shave after the second or third use.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 09:14:24 PM »
I sometimes go a week before tossing them.  This was true with the HB Triples.  Sometimes I think I get a better shave after the second or third use.

i have found that too. usually the first shave with a new one isn't as close as the second

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 09:15:43 PM »
I actually go about 2 weeks before changing the blade.  I usually wait until the lubrication strip starts to wear out.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 08:34:52 PM »
I shave everyday, so I am hard on my Razors... To tell you the truth, I find that the First day is the smoothest shave, its like Christmas everytime I need to change my Razor, because I know that the very next shave is going to be Unbelievable close and effective.  But by the same token, I just had to refill my stock of razors, and let me say that that hurt a little.  I can go about four days before I have to change out.  That is with the HeadBlade Trip Razors.  I have tried to push it to five or six, and I find that anything past that four day mark is going to be a shotty shave, with a fair amount of rough spots, pulling and RazorBurn following up. 
Peace

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 02:13:25 PM »
I usually run the generic twin blade cartridges for a week before changing them.  I use the wear on the lubricating strip as a guide and go from there.
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 09:25:45 PM »
I have been letting my razors sit in mineral oil between shaves, hoping to increase the life of the blade.  I also use the moisturizing strip as an indicator of when to change blades because I find it hard to keep track of how long a blade has been on.  If I use comfort as an indicator, I'd probably be changing every second shave, so I tough it out.  My current blades have been on since last Wednesday and are starting to hurt.
Has anyone else tried the mineral oil for their razors?  If so, do you see a difference in the longevity of the blade? 
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 09:43:14 PM »
I have been letting my razors sit in mineral oil between shaves, hoping to increase the life of the blade.  I also use the moisturizing strip as an indicator of when to change blades because I find it hard to keep track of how long a blade has been on.  If I use comfort as an indicator, I'd probably be changing every second shave, so I tough it out.  My current blades have been on since last Wednesday and are starting to hurt.
Has anyone else tried the mineral oil for their razors?  If so, do you see a difference in the longevity of the blade? 
#i&@

I want to hear the answer to this... Anything to get a few spair days would be GREAT!
Peace

Offline agassi

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 08:44:20 PM »
ive tried the tripple blades went back to the double

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 09:23:08 PM »
with my sensor..i can go a month just shaving my face..shaving everyday!....the fusion tripblade...today was the first time i changed it out since i got it 2 weeks ago...havent changed the headblade yet...think i got about 4 shaves on it so far....when i run out of trips i'm gonna use sensor blades with it.
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!