Author Topic: Dry head...  (Read 5519 times)

Offline kraigster

• Learning the way of Sly
Dry head...
« on: March 03, 2007, 03:30:00 PM »

Hi there.

I don't shave my head, but it's trimmed with a "zero" clippers and done every two weeks.

My head, especially in the winter, gets extremely dry and flaky.

I don't really like oils, but was wondering if you knew of any creams I could put on my scalp.  Not quite ready to shave down yet, but it might be the coming result.

But for now, any recommendations on creams would be appreciated (or an oil that's not too "oily")

Thanks,

Craig

BaldRob

Re: Dry head...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 04:15:49 PM »
Hi Kraig,

I would think any type of men's facial or head moisturizer would help out...

You could try HeadLube or BaldGuyz Moisture Gel.  If you look the the Men's aisle of most health and beauty sections, you could find a bunch of different stuff also... Nivia probably puts out a moisturizer that would work on the scalp as well.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 08:54:54 PM »
BaldRob gave some great products to consider.  You could always try Lubriderm as it's not too oily.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 10:49:28 AM »
I would recommend trying some of the head lubes, like HeadLube, or Matt for men, even though your not taking it down to the skin those product should give good results.  Heck, the Men for Men ad guy has stubble so that is a good sign.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 07:31:40 PM »
Kraigster, Welcome to the group...

You, know...one of our members, Schro, had a problem with flaky scalp that was CURED when he shaved his head slick.

You might give it a try...if you/yours don't like it, or if it doesn't work...your hair will grow back to 0 guard length in NO TIME.

Offline Cy

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 03:09:57 AM »
I get the strangest stares from the grocery clerk, but I buy either Nizoral or Selsun blue and shampoo my scalp 3-4 times a week. Also, if you gently exfoliate with a facial buff before shaving/buzzing, that helps as well.

If you have tinea capitis or another skin condition (eg.psoriasis), you may want to see a dermatologist for a more permanent remedy.

Offline TXFergie

• Sly Jr.
  • TXFergie on Day two of being shorn
    • TXFergie's MySpace Page!!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 10:13:44 AM »
I still use Selsun blue for the days I don't shave. I haven't had a problem so far with any dry scalp after shaving smooth, but it's only been a week so I am constantly monitoring.

And talking about growing back to zero-guard length in no time....I shave in the morning and have a stubble by afternoon. Kinda irritating when I talk to friends and they shave every 3-4 days. Gonna be every two days for me it looks like.

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 02:18:35 PM »
The back and sides of my head get very dry in the winter and I have been using the Baldguyz moisturizer and then Headlube lately with great results.
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 09:46:47 PM »
Dude, living in the Desert I have the same problem due to Alcohol drying out my scalp after a shave.  I have been using HeadLube Matte for the past few weeks, and to tell you the truth, works like a charm  ;D  I swear by it.  Keeps my head Flake Free.  Definately recommend HeadLube.  You can find it Here: <www.HeadBlade.com>
Peace

Enter your email address: