Author Topic: Headblade Sport - Gillette Sensor  (Read 3741 times)

Offline Jordan1991

• Sly
Headblade Sport - Gillette Sensor
« on: March 15, 2017, 09:43:29 PM »
Firstly, I acknowledge that there are a couple of threads on this topic already. But no recent discussions.

After having previously tried the Headblade ATX - I wasn't a huge fan, I just don't think the "pulling" motion worked for me.

I recently got myself the Headblade Sport and I'm in love! (I've even ordered another 2 HB Sports in case they stop making them!)

After some reading on here, I got myself a 5 pack of both the Gillette Sensor 2 blade and the Gillette Sensor Excel blades, and am in the process of trying out both at the moment.

The HB3 blade that came with the Sport was great - but they're impossible to buy in Australia. The Sensor blades are readily available and come in at half the price of a Fusion blade.

I am getting the best shaves I've ever gotten with the Sensor Blade (yet to try the excel) even better than the Mach 3 or Fusion I was previously using. I guess it's a conformation that sometimes less is more.

What I'm interested to know is, what is everyone's favourite of the two, and which does everyone find gets a better shave?

Jordan.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Headblade Sport - Gillette Sensor
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 10:54:19 PM »
Hi Jordan

Also based in Australia I have been using a Gillette Sensor 3 for some years.  I find it quite acceptable - I shave about every three days - and one cartridge lasts me about a month.  At $11 for a pack of 8 that is very economical.

Roger
Roger

Offline Jordan1991

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 01:37:29 AM »
Hi Jordan

Also based in Australia I have been using a Gillette Sensor 3 for some years.  I find it quite acceptable - I shave about every three days - and one cartridge lasts me about a month.  At $11 for a pack of 8 that is very economical.

Roger

Where do you usually get the Sensor 3 blades? I found Shaver Shop to be the cheapest for both the Sensor and Sensor Excel at $20 for 10. I'd be interested to try the 3 blade variety.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 02:52:31 AM »
Since March 2012, I've been using the HeadBlade Sport. I'm mostly pleased with it. A few times, the wheels have come off. And sometimes, the blades drop off during shaving, but that's all.

I've experimented with a few different blades including HeadBlade's own. But I've settled on Gillette Sensor 3. Lately here in the UK, they've been difficult to buy the in the shops. So I buy online now.

I also use a Gilette fusion to shave some areas of the head, which the HeadBlade doesn't quite do a good job of.

Offline Jordan1991

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 02:57:45 AM »
Since March 2012, I've been using the HeadBlade Sport. I'm mostly pleased with it. A few times, the wheels have come off. And sometimes, the blades drop off during shaving, but that's all.

I've experimented with a few different blades including HeadBlade's own. But I've settled on Gillette Sensor 3. Lately here in the UK, they've been difficult to buy the in the shops. So I buy online now.

I also use a Gilette fusion to shave some areas of the head, which the HeadBlade doesn't quite do a good job of.

Im very interested to try the Sensor 3, they're proving to be quite elusive in Australia it seems... So far I've found I actually prefer the original black sensor blades to the sensor Excel blades. Found I get a smoother shave.