Author Topic: Alcohol + Blades = Sharper Razors  (Read 8525 times)

Bald_freak

Re: Alcohol + Blades = Sharper Razors
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 02:48:51 PM »
alcohol is the main ingredient in heat, It evaporates any left over moisture, which would in turn lead to less corrosion of the blades. Plus killing the bacteria wouldn't hurt any. I'm gonna try that tonight when I change my blades.

Offline Asher

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 10:37:36 PM »
I tried this for a couple of days and it didn't work very well for me.  I thought it made the little white/blue strip drag on my head.  Maybe it's just my head.

once you have achocol on it shake the excess off and wipe the strip off....that helps abit...i am on 3 weeks with the same blade...

agreed--figured this out yesterday.  after shaving take some toilet paper or a towel and wipe the blades horizontally to clear off any gunk and the excess moisture.  helps!!

Bald_freak

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2007, 02:15:27 PM »
Damn it! outta alcohol. I'll have to try it with the next batch of blades. :XX

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2007, 06:30:36 PM »
I'm thinking this helps.  I've been doing this for at least the past two weeks and I've only changed blades once.  Of course I didn't write it down when I started so yesterday I put on a new fusion and a new blade on the HB (generic Atra) and stuck a post it inside the medicine cabinet.  I'll let you know when I switch again.

UPDATE:  Tomorrow makes 10 days, and I'm still getting high quality smoothness. 8)

Okay, today was the final shave for these blades.  It was a bit uncomfortable yesterday & today, with stubble appearing earlier in the evening than usual.  So the final count was 18 days & 18 shaves.  That would put me using 20.28 blades per year, if these results continue.

Offline Asher

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2007, 02:20:01 AM »
medic that's insane.  since i started using the alcohol, i get 4 shaves to a blade (5 would be seriously pushing it) and that's double what i got before.  either you have homer simpson hair or i have bionic hair.  or both.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2007, 02:34:23 PM »
I've got a pretty good widow peak with some thinning on the top but still have quite a bit of my hair if I didn't shave it.  I'd say its normal hair though, not extra course or thin either.

I used to use an Atra blade 3 times and pitch it.  I think it was mostly psychological though, I probably could have used it several more times but it was my thinking that was dull, and not the blade.

Anyhow, at least you doubled the life of your blades.  That's a start!  Or maybe your hair is bionic! :XX

Bald_freak

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2007, 04:04:19 PM »
I've got a pretty good widow peak with some thinning on the top but still have quite a bit of my hair if I didn't shave it.  I'd say its normal hair though, not extra course or thin either.

I used to use an Atra blade 3 times and pitch it.  I think it was mostly psychological though, I probably could have used it several more times but it was my thinking that was dull, and not the blade.

Anyhow, at least you doubled the life of your blades.  That's a start!  Or maybe your hair is bionic! :XX

Love your avatar man, was that the face you were making while sqatting on the crapper?

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2007, 04:33:47 PM »

[/quote]

Love your avatar man, was that the face you were making while sqatting on the crapper?
[/quote]

That's where I do my best work, including artistic photographs! :*))

Bald_freak

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2007, 02:28:23 PM »

[/quote]

That's where I do my best work, including artistic photographs! :*))
[/quote]

TMI :o

Offline Koaa2

• Super Sly
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2007, 09:03:06 PM »
I will give that a shot. I have been trying to dry the blade from someone else who posted. That little blue strip means nothing as far as I am concerned, just another business tactive, to buy more baldes, like the lights we all have going off in our cars these days, to go in for something, and extra service and payments, that should be outlawed.
"Wherever you go, there you are"

Offline froze

• Sly
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2007, 11:54:50 AM »
Will try also! I get almost a month out of my fusion blades, maybe I just have soft hair
or something! Or I'm just to tight to change them more often!

Bald_freak

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2007, 02:02:59 PM »
 O0

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2007, 03:21:42 PM »
How you guys doin?  I've had the same blades on since 12/8 and I'm changing tomorrow.  So 16 shaves during this second trial.  I've noticed that I start to get a little more irritation around the 13-14 shave.  Today, I have stubble early, like about 5-6 hours after shaving so its time to change.

One of my kids is getting an Eyeclops (TV microscope) for Christmas.  I'm going to take a look at the used blades to see what they look like after 16 shaves.

Offline Koaa2

• Super Sly
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2007, 04:21:25 PM »
I wonder if soaking them in Gin or Vodka would do the same?
"Wherever you go, there you are"

Enter your email address: