Author Topic: Matte For Men  (Read 19439 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Matte For Men
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2007, 10:44:16 PM »
Welcome back Clay!!

I'm about to post my review on the Matte for Men products.  You'll want to pay attention to the review on the lotion.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Teambean

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2007, 10:57:01 PM »
Clay-

My derm actually told me originally about Matte For Men ....a derm friend of his actaully was the Dr who originally tested it

Hope it helps

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2007, 11:41:01 PM »
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Teambean

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2007, 05:10:06 PM »
Read the reviews...I would pretty much agree although the lotion didnt make my skin feel tight. With the shave gel, even though it is 2.5 oz...I notice that I only use a little at a time since it is concentrated...thanks for your thoughts!

Offline andrewg

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2007, 09:07:15 AM »
I have been using two different products, over the last three weeks of Sly-ness.  1.) Neutrogenia for Men Triple protection, SPF 15, and now 2) L'Oreal Men's Expert Healthy Look - SPF 15 and a little DHA (tanning stuff).  The tanning effect is very mild but made the winter transition with the bald look a little more smooth.  They both work well as an after shave cream and provide protection.  I might try this Matte for men since both the above give a good shine, although I sort of feel that is an attractions of a clean pate. 

Andy

Offline Teambean

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2007, 09:26:05 AM »
I dont know Andy...to me the shine makes me feel like my head is oily/dirty...I like a non shiney look. I tried the 2 products you mentioned before using Matte For Men and they seem very sticky and I hated the shine. The other thing is that they are only SPF 15 vs Matte For Men's 25...a big difference in protection according to my derm.

To each his own I guess...

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2007, 09:47:17 AM »
I would pretty much agree although the lotion didnt make my skin feel tight.

I liked that it made my skin feel tight.  It gave me an impression that my skin would look more smooth.

Offline jseger11

• Sly Guy in Training
    • http://www.myspace.com/jeff52574
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2007, 10:37:52 AM »
I just started using Loreal Men's Expert products. They have a great non-oily facial moisturizer with an anti-paleness agent. I have been using on my face and scalp. It is called "Loreal - Men's Expert (line) - Healty Look SPF15". I have really pale skin during the winter months so I find this really helpful. Because I have a dark beard, during the winter months my boss sometimes gives my crap by asking me if I shaved today...or if I want to borrow a razor that works. About a month ago I was really pale. Now since I have been using Loreal Men's Expert products I have what appears to be a nice natural summer tone to my face and scalp.

Here is the website if you are interested in checking them out. I get mine at CVS, Walmart, or Brooks.

http://www.lorealparisusa.com/men/mensexpert/IntroNavA.html

jeff

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2007, 10:52:59 AM »
I recently tried two of Matte for Men products.  I tried the shaving gel and the head care lotion.

They apply well and the best part is that the lotions are not sticky.  I also like the fact that they are made with a lot of natural ingredients.

I am definetly gonna try that stuff....I hope it doesnt smell like a million flowers!
Its a typical situation in these typical times...

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2007, 10:57:23 AM »
I recently tried two of Matte for Men products.  I tried the shaving gel and the head care lotion.

They apply well and the best part is that the lotions are not sticky.  I also like the fact that they are made with a lot of natural ingredients.

I am definetly gonna try that stuff....I hope it doesnt smell like a million flowers!

Nope, more like chocolate.

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2007, 11:01:14 AM »
 :XX and I guess I have to jump on the junky team train too....

I have been a life long OSU fan (as you can tell by my avatar) and lets just say that we choked on the 8th...to top it off MY WIFE is a Gator!  Talk about living with this the rest of my life!!

I have been in Tampa, FL since 99 so I adopted the Bucs when I moved from the OH-IO (never could grasp the browns or bengals). 

Lets just say with the #3 pick the Tampa Bay Bucs select, receiver, Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech....
Although they need O-Line help!!! and Joe Thomas from UW wont fall to us.
Its a typical situation in these typical times...

Offline Teambean

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2007, 09:54:26 PM »
I dont know guys...I always thought it smelled like vanilla ...which is a nice change.

::)