Author Topic: Sunscreen  (Read 21268 times)

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
Re: Sunscreen
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 05:08:36 PM »
I have been using the HeadShade and so far, when my arms have gotten some red going, the head has still managed to stay solid.  I have not found the need to re-apply all that much.  I put it on, and just as long as I am not sweating all that much, I am solid for the day.  Great for sitting out in the Sun.   O0
Peace

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 07:23:00 PM »
I found a new sunblock that works great for me...Neutrogena Ultra Sheer, Dry-Touch Sunblock, SPF 55.

It goes on easy and dries in seconds.  It doesn't leave your head/face/neck greasy and there is no glossy sheen left behind either.  It is a bit expensive, but it offers everything I like in a sunblock.  I got mine at RiteAid.  O0

Offline Teambean

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 11:40:10 PM »
Guys-

Got to tell all of you who only use an SPF 15...use something higher! 15 is just not enough protection. I ve been touting the Matte For Men SPF 25 Complete Head Care Lotion...not only does it apply easily...it moisturizers and reduces the shine in one step.
The best part about it is its non sticky.

One thing the derm told me to watch out for...your sunscreen should protect against both UVA and UVB rays...which MFM does...

Teambean

jusbnme

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 06:53:21 AM »
I've actually been using an SPF 30 and I get just as good of a tan as if I used a 15.  If you're out in the sun you're going to get just that...Sun.  But how badly you get burned depends on the amount of sunblock you use.  I've been using this new block from Aveno.  It's specifically designed for the face and head.  It doesn't contain any oils, isn't greasy, and it won't clog your pores.  Good stuff.  Check it out.   O0

Offline MC HammerHead

• "..I shouldn't have to tell you who I am...because who I am should be speaking for itself.."
  • Sly
  • Future's So Bright, Got To Wear Shades..and SPF 45
    • Downhillbillies
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 07:33:47 AM »
I have been trying out a bunch of sunscreens over the last several years.  I have tried all of the sport ones and a variety of the others.  I do have the HeadShade and I liked it but SPF 15 is not strong enough. 

My favorite is Bullfrog.  It comes in a variety of SPF's and it stays on for a long time....I sweat like a mad man and it seems to hold up fairly well.
MC HammerHead
Downhillbillies Skateboarding Organization
Woody's Halfpipe Board Shop Team
Pavel Skates Flow Team
Axe Army
Headblade Street Team
www.myspace.com/mchammerhead

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 08:34:18 AM »
While I rarely require sunscreen because of my skin tone, I think I will need one for the summer when I am on the water fishing most days.  Problem is, in the U.P. the bugs can be a major problem and I am afraid a shiny dome will act like a beacon.  Does anyone know of a decent sunscreen that also has either an insect repellent in it or has no odor to attract them?     By the way, got some good sun on the dome yesterday as spring has finally hit Northern Illinois.  Two hours out on the bike and poof, no shadow to be seen.  And what a feeling with the air rushing over your dome at 55 mph.  Being sly rules. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 10:36:06 AM »
My favorite is Bullfrog.  It comes in a variety of SPF's and it stays on for a long time....I sweat like a mad man and it seems to hold up fairly well.

I'm also a big fan of Bullfrog, though it's always twice the price of the other stuff so I don't always buy it.  Their quick dry gel is pretty nice.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 03:05:42 PM »
OK, throwing this out to the SBG's for your input.
I'm really digging on the L'Oreal SPF 15 Comfort Max After Shave Balm as my post-shave moisturizer, but I'm looking for a pump spray sunscreen that I can put in my golf bag that I can use to re-apply at the "turn" (completing the first 9 holes, oh and getting a beer or three). I figure, the L'Oreal SPF15 is good for the first 2+ hours of the day, but I might need more coverage, especially come summer time when I'm out on the course more. Plus, the pump spray would be nice so my hands don't get all greased up when I'm golfing.

Any suggestions?
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2007, 03:11:49 PM »
Schro, pretty sure that the HeadShade is in a pump container.  The SPF is a 15 if that works for you
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 03:13:37 PM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 03:13:14 PM »
Schro, I used some Banana Boat spray on sunscreen this weekend while at the pool in Vegas.  It worked really well.  There's always HeadShed by HeadBlade.  I just picked some up at Walgreens for $9.99 to keep in the car.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2007, 03:16:40 PM »
No foolin', didn't know that. Guess I should check out HeadShed...

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2007, 03:17:46 PM »
Oops...it's HeadShade, not HeadShed.  HeadShed is the scrub...LOL

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2007, 03:22:59 PM »
Guys-

Got to tell all of you who only use an SPF 15...use something higher! 15 is just not enough protection. I ve been touting the Matte For Men SPF 25 Complete Head Care Lotion...not only does it apply easily...it moisturizers and reduces the shine in one step.
The best part about it is its non sticky.

One thing the derm told me to watch out for...your sunscreen should protect against both UVA and UVB rays...which MFM does...

Teambean

Hey Teambean, does MFM have any plans to come out with some other products?

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2007, 03:26:30 PM »
Oops, I knew that too. Thanks again Tyler & Paul.