Author Topic: I got a job after lot of struggles, I really feel I needed a shoulder and some  (Read 5493 times)

Offline balajivengatesh1991

• Learning the way of Sly

I got a job after lot of struggles, I really feel I needed a shoulder and some one to hug after all these years I spent my life alone.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 12:45:34 PM by balajivengatesh1991 »

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: struggling with baldness is very hard
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 04:26:32 AM »
Welcome.

There are many members here from India who have shaved their heads. As they have written, there is a strong cultural bias regarding head shaving - but they worked through it. Read through other posts (and use the Search tool for 'India' or 'Indian') for more information.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 04:32:32 AM »
At 22, you are still a young man. No rush to get married.  I know quite a few men who marry for the first time when they are in their 30's. A lot can happen in 10-15 years.  Enjoy life with what you have right now.  The shaved head is a good look, especially for a balding guy.

Offline TV guy

• Sly Jr.
    • T.V.Puppetree
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 09:40:12 AM »
I am clearly not South Asian but every culture has it's preconceptions, assumptions and norms. I got married for the first time last year
 - aged 56! - ironically having met my ladylove on this very board. We are very much in love, :@` notwithstanding* an intimidating pile of obstacles, mostly not of our doing.

Notwithstanding that same sex marriage is legal in Canada and has been for some time (one of my brothers is married, happily, to another man. My other 3 brothers who married women have or soon will have, all, been divorced!), many people assumed I was gay and treated me accordingly.  Mostly, that was hurtful and a hardship. Nobody has ever seen me in a romantic situation with another man, simply because that has never occurred. The point, and I do have one, is that everyone will be judged, harshly and unjustly, by their society, no matter how conforming and contributing(aka "normal") they may be. Notice how big the gossip industry is?

It is no fun, but you too will be judged, harshly and unjustly by your culture; nobody escapes. Please, accept that and live a happy life notwithstanding. Hair or the lack thereof or the nonconformity thereof is not a lifelong hand of trumped cards. "Things WILL get better" but in your circumstances, as in mine, it may be later and possibly in a different way, than for other people.

Are there ways, in your situation, to do things differently? to "think outside the box?" I have found, in my life and work that "the answer" may be obvious if you let go of the preconceived and/or proffered ideas. I have no solutions to your situation but I would daresay somewhere in your brain there is one. Private message me if you wish.

*Notwithstanding - a favourite word among Canadians especially lawmakers meaning just about anything  :*))
PS I mean no offense to people who are gay; I admire your courage, individuality and the strides your community has made in the last decade or so.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 10:34:15 AM »
It's all in how you look at it. If you embrace the sly look, and let others see that you've embraced it, they will too. And don't rush the love life. You're still young.
Hair is over rated.