Author Topic: tweezing  (Read 44882 times)

Offline K J

• Sly Jr.
Re: tweezing
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2011, 12:33:12 AM »
Hi Razor X it's KJ,

Do you know tomk at all?

Quote from Razor X

"And then there is the whole question of why on earth anyone would want to artificially create MPB in the first place"  You toock the wourds right out of my mouth ask him.  I read his bold story I was locking for insperin to go permanently bald  in it he sead he had a full head of hair like me until 2007 when he ScalpTweezed the top of his hair off.

KJ

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2011, 11:34:25 AM »
Let me put it this way:  while I wouldn't recommend tweezing at all, if you're going to do it, it makes far more sense to tweeze the entire scalp than to do the top and leave the rest.  Most of us shave our heads to avoid the MPB look.  To deliberately create it where it doesn't exist doesn't make any sense to me at all. 

Offline K J

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2011, 05:46:06 PM »
Hi Hi Razor X it's KJ,

I never herd of ScalpTweezing untill tomk sead it was part of his going bold post.  So I was cerese and now i'm going to shave my head.

KJ

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2011, 07:42:40 PM »
Hi Hi Razor X it's KJ,

I never herd of ScalpTweezing untill tomk sead it was part of his going bold post.  So I was cerese and now i'm going to shave my head.

KJ

I think that's a wise decision.  No pain involved, it's a lot easier and it's totally reversible should you change your mind.  Let us know how you make out.   :)

Offline K J

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2011, 11:49:17 AM »
Hi Razor X it's KJ,

How did you change your picture so I can I can show you my new look?  Have you ever thought of shaving your beard off?

KJ

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2011, 01:38:57 PM »

How did you change your picture so I can I can show you my new look? 

Click on "Profile" near the top of the page and then choose "Forum Profile Information" and then you can choose a new avatar photo.

Have you ever thought of shaving your beard off?

KJ

Nope.

Offline sasha1

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2016, 02:30:49 PM »
hello, everybody.

first of all, i m not from the english speaking country and thank you, zetaeffe, for that solution for my hair.

my name is Sasha, i m 27 and i have nw5 alopecia. and i dont like the look at all. and i was tired of everyday shaving to look better as it possible with nw5.

during last month, step-by-step, i have done the hair removing with sugaring and tweezing. so i got some advices for those who wants to do that procedue and some questions for those who are experienced at that.

some kind of advices based on me experience:

i think, sugaring (maybe you call it some other way, it s kind a waxing procedure, but using sugar paste) is way more preferable for initial hair removing procedure, than tweezing. it takes you much less pain and much less time to do the whole work. it seems that taking so huge amount of hair must be unbearable painful, but its not. the pain is intense, but it dissappears in a moment. so if u trying to remove not so big area at once, so that u can do it in one move, it s not so painful. sugar paste is to be put against the grain, and to be removed with the grain (this way reduces pain and chance of getting ingrown hairs after). same advice with the following tweezing - use it to pull hairs with the grain.

my question is following :

which result can i get with tweezing and how long does it take? i mean, can i get totally shadow-free head? will my scalp skin tone be brighter and brighter month by month or the head will look always like the day i ve done my first hair removing procedure (after skin healing of coarse)?

and what do you mean under shadow free? the scalp skin only wont be gray but still will be darker than no hair skin of head? or someday the scalp skin and other skin on my head will be absolutely equal? cause i dont want to have just a not-gray lighter horseshoe

what i got now is that i see the difference in skin tone. yes, the hair is thinner, but it still grows and appears on a skin surface just after a halfweek. so if i look closely to my scalp skin, i se that little gray dots of hair or hair canal. and it seems to be never dissappear. and i cant pull hair until it reaches the 1-2mm height.. so i got to wait them till they grow. based on that, in perspective, it seems that i wont get the hairless look even for the day after fresh made procedure.

and those thoughts make me willing to do laser epilation.

am i wrong?

thanks for all of you.
sorry for my bad english

Offline Reg

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2016, 07:06:22 AM »
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:19:38 AM by Reg »

Offline Skullshaver

• Sly Guy in Training
    • Scalp-lasering
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2016, 04:25:00 AM »
I want to be permanent bald and have starting lasering but they bungle it and i got permanent frustration and horror. my head is full os squares and strips and after remove an part of it by following treatmens, they comes back like after the extrem-bungel after the first treatment.

it makes me sick and im not longer able to go to this studio because trustingrelationsship is destroyed and the many of many negative experiences. so i have stop everthing that have to do with lasering - im "healed" from it and i need an way to remove this horrible look that is still visible after my daily smooth-shave as gray/skin-colored patches and strips.

I have buy an good epilator (expensive and the currents best one on the market) and i want to start epilation on this weekend to find an exit out of this horror-nightmare that destroy my life-quality since it appears 2 weeks after the first treatment on august...

i have buy numbing-creme to numb the skin so it isnt extreme painfull in best case.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2016, 10:37:38 PM »
Skullshaver: the last I read you had begun to lose more hair and your head was looking a lot better.  Is that no longer the case?

Offline dalboz

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2017, 02:38:19 AM »
I've seriously been considering tweezing my head recently. While some people really like the daily shave, I'm all about the result, and after ten years of shaving my head I'm looking for something different. I want to experience the shadow-free look.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2017, 02:39:35 PM »
I've seriously been considering tweezing my head recently. While some people really like the daily shave, I'm all about the result, and after ten years of shaving my head I'm looking for something different. I want to experience the shadow-free look.

Let us know how you make out.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2017, 03:25:30 PM »

Others have posted here about success with tweezing, but it is VERY painful.  I am not sure it is ever 100% as well, some hair will grow back.  On the plus side, the pain is supposedly less each successive time it is done.
SlyBeard

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2017, 03:56:00 PM »
Better you than me. I wouldn’t even think about it. I like the feel of needing a shave and then the after shave smoothness. Some members have gone through this painful experience, maybe they will add their input.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."